Cyber Security Professional Senior
Broomfield, CO, US, 80020
Ball CorporationBall Corporation is the world’s leading provider of innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Enterprise Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers critical assurance disciplines that protect and enable people, data and missions. We provide a comprehensive approach to managing risk across the enterprise for current and future information environments where the business and missions execute. We apply the use of innovative tools and robust processes to ensure mission and business success.
Cyber Security Professional Senior
Technical advisor for the Information Systems (IS) security requirements necessary for the protection of all sensitive information processed, stored, and/or transmitted through the use of the IS. Interprets government requirements, prepare, validate, and maintain documentation in support of the Risk Management Framework (RMF). Also implements and oversees the program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements. Monitor the Ball Aerospace enterprise unclassified computer networks to detect, analyze, and respond to cyber security threats. Gather cyber threat intelligence, analyze information, conduct cyber forensics, conduct cyber threat hunting, and evaluate information to provide recommendations to support key Ball Aerospace decision makers to mitigate all cyber threats.
What You’ll Do:
- Schedule, conduct, and administer security tests and evaluations programs to ensure that all the applicable IS are operating in accordance with security requirements.
- Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of IS used in support of programs.
- Identify, evaluate, and document all IS and provide guidance on what controls and countermeasures may be appropriate to mitigate vulnerabilities and threats
- Perform audits of all IS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans. Perform data spill containment and clean up per customer direction.
- Ability to identify and respond to potential cyber threats to Ball Aerospace equities utilizing advanced software applications and information provided by government partners and open-source intelligence gathering.
- May coordinate the response and recovery activities from information security incidents. This includes collaboration with appropriate response partners, assist with determining the root cause of cyber incidents and work with stakeholders and responsible parties to remediate any identified control gaps or failures.
- May perform data breach response, cyber risk/security assessments, and remain involved in phases such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and log configuration.
- May participate in engagements related to preemptive data breach response; analytic and reporting for litigation, data breaches, and regulatory response; workplace and employment issues, including theft of trade secrets; and investigations related to network breaches/unauthorized access of data through computer forensics and incident response.
- May perform duties as a cyber security threat hunter; track threat actors; responsible for reviewing system log events and data packets to proactively detect advanced threats that evade traditional security solutions; participate in developing processes, procedures, and training for new technologies.
- Identify and manage Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) through remediation as well as develop corrective action plans for each POA&M monthly progress reporting to management.
- Promote information security awareness.
- Perform cyber threat analysis.
- Produce threat forecasts utilizing cyber security threat trends.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior Cyber Security Specialists.
- Conduct Enterprise Security investigations/inquiries of a cyber security/threat nature.
- Conduct advanced forensic analysis of computer information systems.
- Lead a team while communicating company goals and deadlines. Motivate and mentor team members and evaluate performance. Deliver support to management on training and hiring and provide updates on team performance.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, Information Systems managers, system users, and custodians relative to IS security matters.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 9 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Ability to provide high-level assessments and expert-level guidance on current cyber threat adversary threat vectors.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,000 - $177,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
More jobs like this
San Diego, California, United … San Diego, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 140K - 170K USD 140K+
Tandem Diabetes Care
Sr. Product Security Engineer - FirmwareCCPA CISSP Compliance Computer Science Encryption GIAC +9
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Waltham, MA, United States Waltham, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Commonwealth Financial Network
Application Security ArchitectApplication security Azure CEH Cloud Compliance DAST +20
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs