Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
Philadelphia, PA, United States
The Information Systems Security Engineering (ISSE) position supports a national security focused customer providing system security engineering services and/or product to ensure secure reliable and uninterrupted availability of customer developed and deployed systems and networks. The ISSE will support the Government to ensure core security engineering principles are implemented into assigned programs information systems architecture.
Lifecycle cybersecurity support of US Navy systems, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform analysis and evaluation to design, implement, test and field secure systems, networks, and architectures
- Assessing system compliance against NIST, DoD, and Navy security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Develop, implement, and enforce information systems security policies ensuring system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the acquisition and Information System (IS) lifecycle.
- Conduct certification and testing in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) policy; identify deficiencies and providing recommendations of risk mitigation to customer.
- Support the Government to resolve conflicting system security engineering requirements.
- Develop program technical publications such as Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), Technical Plans, Analyses and Reports, Risk Assessments, Security Concepts of Operations (SECONOP), Program Protection Plan, Anti-Tamper Plan, Cybersecurity Strategy, Technology Development Strategies, Test Plans, procedures and reports, System Security Plans
- Coordinating with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
- Working with system administrators, engineers, and developers to update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
- Producing evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and Navy security requirements
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
- Attending and participating in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
- Actively participating in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Security Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 3+ years experience.
- Preferred: Experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within industrial control system
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
- CompTIA Security+ (CISSP preferred)
- Ability to obtain certification and/or complete approved related training within 180 days of hire
- Linux Experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with testing methods, automated tools, plans, and procedures for verification of compliance and vulnerability requirements.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools, including but not limited to Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS) and DISA SCAP/STIGs
- Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Experience with modern networks, operating systems, databases, and virtual computing
- Ability to develop and interpret security architectures, data flow diagrams, engineering electrical/pinout drawings, and publications that depict the system(s) architecture
- Ability to be able to identify risk areas of non-compliance and propose solutions to design to full-fill operational requirements and meet cybersecurity requirements simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across teams and organizations, including senior level management
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver on-time with the highest quality
The work is typically performed at client site locations in an office environment or control system test labs. Additional work may be performed onboard US Navy Ships (pier side and at sea), which requires proper safety precautions and ability to go up and down shipboard stairways (ladders); work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
- Candidate must be available to travel at times up to 10%.
- This position requires an onsite workload at Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) for at least 50% of the time
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
- CompTIA Linux+
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Salary Range Explanation
At Noblis we recognize and reward your contributions, provide you with growth opportunities, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, and work-life programs. Our award programs acknowledge employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our service standards. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in our benefit programs. Other offerings may be provided for employees not within this category. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Benefits page on our Careers site.
Salary at Noblis is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, the combination of education, certifications, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, internal and external equity, location, and clearance level, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements and applicable employment laws. The projected compensation range for this position is provided within the posting and are based on full time status. Part time staff receive a prorated salary based on regularly scheduled hours. The estimated minimum and maximum displayed represents the broadest range for this position (inclusive of high geographic and high clearance requirements), and is just one component of Noblis’ total compensation package for employees.
Posted Salary RangeUSD $81,900.00 - USD $143,300.00 /Yr.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: ACAS CISSP Clearance Compliance CompTIA Computer Science DISA DoD eMASS Industrial ISSE Linux NIST NIST 800-53 Risk assessment Risk management RMF SCAP Security Clearance STIGs Strategy System Security Plan
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs