Senior Cybersecurity Research Engineer
Basking Ridge, NJ, United States
PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly...
Role and responsibility for this position: As a hands-on Cybersecurity Software Engineer with Peraton Labs, you will be at the forefront of developing, testing, and fielding novel network cybersecurity appliances for the Department of Defense. Working with systems engineers and researchers, you will be responsible for writing fast and efficient code for processing packets in high-throughput networks, developing new heuristic and signature-based detection capabilities for finding advanced threat actors in critical networks, and writing tests to provide system performance metrics.
Who we’re looking for:
- Cyber: We are looking for staff with a strong interest (and ideally a track record) in cyber security research and development.
- Generalists: You should have a breadth of knowledge across multiple domains. You’ll typically focus your work on the domain(s) of your specialty or preference, but a strong multi-domain awareness and ability is required. You should have a curiosity to learn new technology.
- Tangible: You’ll work on applied research program to conceive and develop prototypes to solve cutting-edge, complex problems.
Minimum of 12 years with BS/BA; Minimum of 10 years with MS/MA; Minimum of 7 years with Ph.D.
- Minimum of 12 years with BS/BA; Minimum of 10 years with MS/MA; Minimum of 7 years with Ph.D.
- Additional experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
Skills and Experience You Should Possess:
- Expertise in one or more: Python, Go, C/C++
- Hands-on development experience in network security
- Modern development practices and toolsets (Git, subversion, CI/CD toolchains)
- Demonstrated Computer Network Defense, Cyber Threat Hunting, or Threat Intelligence experience
- Familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Packet collection and analysis with Wireshark or tcpdump
- US Citizenship
Additional Desired Skills
- Algorithm analysis, data structures, and coding for efficiency and performance
- Test-driven development; writing unit tests, instrumenting code for performance metrics
- Network emulation frameworks including CORE, EMANE, MiniNet
- Blue Team/Red Team experience supporting Department of Defense customers
- Container and Orchestration solutions, including Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Ansible automation for networked device configuration and deployment
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Peraton Labs generates transformative applied research to fuel solutions for our customers' unique challenges. We are a self-sustaining research center within Peraton that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, analytics and cyber security.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range$146,000 - $234,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs