Industrial Security Specialist
What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
We are seeking a security professional to join the SEI Security group in our Arlington office. You will be responsible for an array of personnel and physical security components of a comprehensive Industrial Security Program for the SEI and Carnegie Mellon. This includes compliance with:
United States Department of Defense
Director of Central Intelligence Directives
Intelligence Community Directives and other government requirements.
Are you interested in being part of a highly collaborative team and working with other ISSs covering a range of responsibilities? If so this is the opportunity for you!
Assist the security team in building and providing g security briefings including clearance indoctrination, foreign travel, security awareness, and refresher training to individuals and groups.
You will facilitate the production, storage and transmission of classified documents, media and materials.
You will be responsible for conducting self-inspections of the SEI Security Program, identifying and resolving issues prior to DCSA and other customer inspections.
You will be responsible for fulfilling COMSEC Custodian requirements in accordance with customer requirements and conduct periodic audits/inspections to ensure accountability for all COMSEC equipment and material.
Identify potential security incidents or violations, investigate and report to resolve any threat to classified information or deviation from NISPOM, DCID or ICD requirements is quickly contained/addressed.
May on occasion require after-hours and weekend duty or response to emergency situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates well-developed analytical, organization and problem solving skills; knowledge of general and security specific regulations, policies and practices.
Provide high level of support to both internal and external customers.
Skill to analyze data and situations, identify trends, summarize results, and make recommendations based on findings.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relative Personnel Security systems such as DISS other personnel security systems.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive security records.
Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
Infrequent work in building construction areas. Work in access-restricted areas – SCIFs and server room installations.
Bachelor's degree in Law Enforcement, Intelligence, Management related fields or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
One (1) to Three (3) years' experience in a security operations position in the industrial security field supporting the DoD or Intelligence Community.
You will be subject to a background investigation and must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work for CMU in the United States. CMU will not sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa for this opportunity.
Infrequent travel to SEI and CMU locations is required; around 15%.
Ability to work onsite at our Arlington office
Professional training and certifications in Department of Defense National Industrial Security Program (NISP) including personnel security matters; Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) training..
Experience with the Security Information Management System (SIMS) software application.
Applied knowledge of all aspects of the DoD National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and work in an SCI and/or SAP environment.
Job FunctionPolice/Security Officers (Non-CPA)
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full time/Part timeFull time
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Philadelphia, PA, United States Philadelphia, PA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 134K+
City of Philadelphia
Senior Attorney – ADA Compliance – Investigations, Compliance, and Privacy GroupCompliance HIPAA Privacy Strategy
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Medical leave +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs