Manager, Enterprise Security Operations
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra
OktaOkta's Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure access, authentication, and automation—putting identity at the heart of business security and growth.
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Enterprise Security Team
Business Technology is on a mission to accelerate Okta’s scale and growth. We bring world-class business acumen and technology expertise to every interaction. We also drive cross-functional collaboration and are focused on delivering measurable business outcomes.
The Enterprise Security team oversees the security and protection of Okta’s internal resources and infrastructure. We work closely with teams from Business Technology, Security, and various functional teams across different business units to ensure our enterprise is secure and our security controls are effective.
Manager, Enterprise Security Operations
The Manager of the Enterprise Security Operations will build and lead the global operations team for our Enterprise Security function. This team is an expansion of the existing Enterprise Security team and will play a key role in protecting Okta from malware and other threats. Your team will provide global operational support for maintaining the security and health of our enterprise environment, endpoint fleet, and security technologies.
As the leader of the Enterprise Security Operations team, you will hire and manage employees and set standards for how the team will function on a day-to-day basis. In addition to working with other members of the Enterprise Security team, you will build relationships and partner with other internal teams, including engineering and technical support teams in the Business Technology organization and the Security team. At Okta, security is our top priority, and we also value user experience by partnering with various lines of business to ensure they are able to achieve business goals in a secure manner.
The Enterprise Security Operations team is responsible for:
- Patch and vulnerability management
- Routine maintenance and tuning of security tooling
- Monitor health of endpoint fleet
- Develop and maintain team documentation and runbooks
- Resolve support escalations related to security tooling
- Provide operational support for partner teams
- Review and approve security exception requests
Requirements and Skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a leadership role in information technology or cybersecurity
- 8+ years of experience working in a cybersecurity field
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team
- Experience maintaining enterprise class IT and security systems
- Strong background in information technology
- Experience hardening and troubleshooting Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Experience working with commonly implemented IT security tools such as Okta, EDRs (Endpoint Detection and Response), DLP (Data Loss Prevention), and MDMs (Mobile Device Management)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred, but not required
- Experience with a modern scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with managing and securing SaaS applications
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience working with identity management technologies (MFA, SAML, WebAuthn)
- Experience working with Okta
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs