Sr Principal Software Engineer (Cloud Security)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your well-being support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a team member of the Cloud Security/Integration team at Palo Alto Networks, you will help build our next-generation cloud security offerings on public and private cloud. Responsibilities will include integrating best-of-bread security products of Palo Alto Networks to the public cloud ( AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle and AliCloud) and private cloud (VMWare, KVM). You will architect and develop industry best security solutions for multi cloud/hybrid cloud and container environments by leveraging the advanced cloud native technologies.
Sr Principal Software Engineers are:
- Responsible for complete software development life cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment and support
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Develop solid understanding and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
- Technical leadership and end-to-end delivery of solutions in collaboration with cross-functional product management, development and quality assurance teams in a fast paced environment
- You will work closely with our public cloud and private cloud partners to design and architect next generation cloud security solutions
- Hands-on participation in developing next generation cloud security architecture
- You will participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Recruit and Mentor new team members
- Excellent team player with strong coding, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with cloud distributed systems and high scale designs
- Development expertise in Linux kernel network stack
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Experience in developing high performance distributed software applications
- Expert in C and Python programming - Experience in GO language is a plus
- Hands-on experience developing for VMware ESX, XenServer, KVM, and/or Hyper-V
- M.S/B.S degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent military experience required
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing etc)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API and data pipelines
- Experience in DPDK, Kubernetes is plus
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $170,000/yr to $275,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: Yes
More jobs like this
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 … MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 118K - 246K USD 118K+
Senior Manager - Cyber Engineering (Onsite)Clearance Cryptography DoD Linux Mathematics Privacy +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs