Senior SOC Analyst - National Security
Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Leeds
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
About the role
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence have been contracted to undertake the day to day operation of (and incremental improvement of) a dedicated Security Operations Centre (SOC) to support the defence of a major UK CNI organisation. The networks protected are predominantly hosted in Azure and AWS cloud platforms, with many hundred systems within these environments that must be protected. The customer is committed to development of this improved SOC to be a benchmark of best practice and excellence in reflection of the significant threat that the protected systems are subject to.
The SOC is staffed by a blend of customer and BAE Systems staff, based in multiple locations, but with the day to day operations based from our Leeds office.
We are looking for additional Senior SOC Analysts as we grow the SOC service. These are ‘hands-on’ shift based roles, working as part of a 24/7 operation. We're currently recruiting for both shift based, as well as weekday roles (shift cover as part of shift relief still required). You will be responsible for utilising the SOC’s SIEM and SOAR toolsets to detect and investigate potential Security and Service Incidents occurring within the monitored networks.
These roles require a minimum of SC clearance and candidates need to be prepared to undergo DV clearance.
Due to the nature of the contract, all SOC roles are office based full-time.
- Ensure that the shift handover brief is prepared and delivered to the incoming shift
- Monitor, triage, analyse and investigate alerts, log data and network traffic using the Protective Monitoring platform and Internet resources to identify cyber-attacks / security incidents.
- Categorise all suspected incidents in line with the Security Incident policy
- Recognise potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and further analysis of relevant event detail and incident summary information.
- Write up high quality security incident tickets using a combination of existing knowledge resources and independent research.
- Assist with remediation activities and conduct permitted remediation (or support customer stakeholders) to inhibit cyber-attacks, clean up IT systems and secure networks against repeat attacks.
- Produce security incident review reports to present information about the security incident and provide security improvement recommendations based on the security incident review.
- Understand Threat Intelligence and its use in an operational environment
- Support incident response to national scale incidents in a coaching capacity
- Work with other teams within BAE to improve services on the basis of customer needs.
- Produce new workflows for automation into SOAR tools for common attack types.
- Continually improve the service and review use cases and propose changes and enhancements in line with the changing threat.
Skill and experience required
- Basic Python and/or scripting skills, Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Experience using Splunk and Sentinal
- Working with a range of security tooling/technology
- Strong understanding of security architecture, in particular networking
- Detailed understanding of threat intelligence and threat actors, TTPs and operationalising threat intelligence.
- Experience in investigating complex network intrusions (by state-sponsored groups or targeted ransomware attacks).
- Understand TCP/IP component layers to identify normal and abnormal traffic
- Understanding of AWS &/or Azure cloud services
- Experience of Splunk (with ES) and/or Sentinel, content development experience desirable
- Client side consulting, including stakeholder engagement and the ability to communicate insights and concepts to others (including briefing skills and report writing)
- Coaching mindset – Mentor team.
- Security process development
- Able to understand and adapt to different cultures and hierarchical structures.
- Self-starter and capable of independent working
- Team player and adept at working in multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
- Software engineering experience
- Penetration testing skills
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs