Watch Operations Analyst (Associate) - Cyber & Critical Infrastructure
phia, LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
Watch Operations Analyst (Associate) - Cyber & Critical InfrastructureLocation: On-site in Arlington, VA (no remote/telework)
Are you passionate about national security and ready to play a pivotal role in defending critical cyber and physical infrastructure? We're seeking an Associate Watch Operations Analyst to join our team. This position is part of the DHS Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Integrated Operations center, which coordinates situational awareness and response to vulnerabilities, threats, and incidents affecting our nation's cyber and critical infrastructure security. This work is performed on-site in Arlington, VA and will support fixed shift operations (multiple shifts available).
What You'll Do
- Maintain situational awareness of events, incidents, and reporting related to cybersecurity and critical infrastructure security.
- Assist with cyber and physical incident coordination and draft and produce various levels reporting; analysts gather information from multiple sources and varying levels of classification, to provide accurate, timely, and actionable information to our government leadership, law enforcement, federal stakeholders, and partners.
- Provide initial triage and analysis of cyber, communications and physical incidents to identify the severity of impact to critical infrastructure to determine the level of reporting or briefing required, coordinate incident operational data collection and analysis, and monitor and update status reporting on the event through completion.
- Monitor open-source/unclassified/classified reporting channels, incident/ticket management systems, subscription-based alerting services, cable and local news, social media, and other sources for threats to the nation’s critical infrastructure and global operations impacting national security.
- Understand the operation of all communications and information technology utilized to perform daily functions.
- Follow approved work instructions and standard operating procedures, advise on updates to existing procedures, and draft new procedures as tasks and functions evolve.
- Other services and support as needed or directed by the government client.
- Work in a 24x7x365 operations center, and are expected to be willing to occasionally work different hours to cover for colleagues' absences.
Education + Requirements
- 3 years of related technical/operational experience OR Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year related technical/operational experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (this position is heavily focused around communication and coordination), with broad experience in lightweight research and analysis, and a heavy focus on knowledge synthesis and management.
- Must be comfortable working in a time-sensitive, detail-orientated, fast-paced 24x7x365 operational environment; must be able to multitask, make quick decisions and utilize critical thinking skills to deal with new/unexpected situations.
- Have the ability to read technical reporting on cybersecurity and operational technology and incidents, and be able to extract important information to provide clear and concise summary reporting for a non-technical audience.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Active Top Secret U.S. government security clearance required.
- In addition, a selected candidate must be able to meet and maintain DHS personnel vetting requirements.
- Experience in 24x7 operational environments (e.g. Network Operations Centers, Security Operations Centers, Joint Operations Centers, Fusion Centers, etc.).
- Experience in drafting and publishing situational awareness / status reporting and briefing organization leadership on recent events and current status.
- Experience with information management, coordination, and collaboration across large enterprises and multiple communities of interest.
- Experience with Federal and/or DHS policy and organizational structure around critical infrastructure (HSPD-7, NIPP, etc.).
- Experience with workflow management systems such as Remedy and ServiceNow
- Related cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CompTIA Security+, ISC2 CISSP, etc.)
Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts such as:
- Vulnerabilities, exposure, and vulnerability management (CVE, CWE, etc.),
- Threats, threat actors, and threat intelligence (including IOCs and TTPs),
- Exploits and various types of malicious software (malware, ransomware, etc.), and
- Incident and event reporting, analysis, escalation, response, and management.
Who You Are· A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.· Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.· An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.· Customer service oriented and mission focused.· Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Arephia, LLC is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.· phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:· Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision· Short Term & Long-Term Disability· 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match· Tuition and Professional Development Assistance· Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Chicago Illinois HQ (300 … Chicago Illinois HQ (300 E. Randolph Street) Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 92K - 150K * USD 92K+ *
Health Care Service Corporation
Mainframe Security Operations EngineerAntivirus Application security Computer Science Firewalls HIPAA Incident response +6
Career development Relocation support
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs