Senior Staff Security Research
San Jose, California, United States
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.Zscaler is looking for a Senior/Staff Security Researcher for Risk Modelling with significant experience in security research and threat intelligence.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting risk modelling exercise for Zscaler Risk360 and optimising the risk scoring algorithms.
The candidate should have knowledge about multiple areas of security including Network Security, attack surface, EDR and DLP.
- Conduct Risk Modelling exercise for Zscaler Risk360
- Actively contribute in innovating modeling ideas and continuous improvements of existing workflows
- Review the risk related findings and propose ways of optimising the risk scoring algorithm
- Identify new contributing factors for calculation of risk
- Work on third party security integrations
- Support customer demonstrations for the product
- Collaborate with Data, Engineering and Product Management Teams for new features
- 6-7 years experience in cyber risk, cyber security, network security, threat hunting or/and security operations.
- Past experience building tools using Python, SQL, Jupyter Notebooks
- Analytical thinking and data/risk modeling experience
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK and other security and compliance frameworks
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The base salary range listed for this full-time position excludes commission/ bonus/ equity (if applicable) + benefits.Base Pay Range$129,000—$185,000 USD
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
More jobs like this
Carlsbad, California, United States … Carlsbad, California, United States - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 110K - 204K * USD 110K+ *
IT and Information Security Lead - REMOTEAnalytics AWS Clearance Cloud CMMC Compliance +14
Flex vacation Health care Insurance Medical leave Parental leave
McLean, VA, US, 22102 McLean, VA, US, 22102 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 126K - 261K USD 126K+
Information Systems Security Officer - REMOTE - Goverment and Public SectorAgile Application security Azure CISM CISSP Clearance +16
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs