Embedded Security Analyst Team Lead
London, United Kingdom
Sibylline LtdGlobal Risk Analysis - Embed Operations - Threat monitoring and reputation risk services. Sibylline is a strategic advisory firm, dedicated to helping decision-makers identify opportunities and mitigate risks in their operating environments.
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Key attributes of Sibylline employees are:
- Self-motivated, and auto-improving individuals who can couple initiative and boldness with good judgement
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Clarity of thought and analytical flair
- Strong, demonstrable interest in security and intelligence
- The ability to work under pressure, demonstrate leadership when required but also be able to collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Sibylline is looking for an outstanding intelligence team lead to join us in an embedded role with one of our technology clients, managing a team of security analysts. Using the latest industry technologies and practices, the Security Analyst team will identify, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions and threats that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include (but are not limited to): political instability and unrest, armed conflict, crime, terrorism, natural hazards and cyber threats.
The embedded Team Lead will direct a team of four analysts in the UK and US as part of a tight-knit operation providing actionable intelligence and advice to decision makers. This position will manage the process for gathering timely and accurate information / intelligence on threats and risks to the client. As such, the ideal candidate must be adaptable in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. The candidate must have previous exposure to tactical and operational security work, strong analysis skills, and be technically savvy with the ability to skilfully conceptualize and synthesise disparate information. The candidate should also have previous leadership experience.
The position will primarily work core hours in the UK, but must remain flexible to timings in the US for meetings and updates. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order to successfully interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will report to the client’s security lead day to day, but will also report to Sibylline’s Embedded Operations team. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as an intelligence professional with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company by working in collaboration with the client and other team leaders to develop and innovate assessment techniques and SOPs;
- Supervise the team’s monitoring of open source, social media and vendor feeds for security risks and threats;
- Draft and review incident alerts and analytical reports that are timely, credible, and provide actionable insight to internal stakeholders;
- Provide thought leadership for internal stakeholders during ongoing incidents, senior management updates and crisis management briefings;
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client, supporting the global business;
- Be an effective leader of a small team, focused on the delivery of lean, high-impact services;
- Oversee SOPs for threat triaging and incident management;
- Provide mentorship and supervision for team members; and
- Work flexibly to ensure that client intelligence requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Studies, International Relations or related field;
- Knowledge of global politics, security, criminal and governance issues;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in private sector security, corporate intelligence and / or geopolitical analysis;
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal);
- Previous team leadership/management experience;
- Ability to manipulate and visualise data, using advanced research skills;
- Ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information;
- A visionary mindset, with the ability to inspire others through expert guidance;
- Ability to quickly determine how security events and crises impact business operations;
- Analytical flair: the ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations;
- Able to work in both individual and team environments;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level of competency with MS Office and Google Workspace tools.
- Advanced (Master’s or above) degree in a relevant subject;
- Foreign language skills;
- Analytical and assessment experience for a geographic region (LATAM, MENA, SSA, Europe etc);
- Cross-functional experience within a global security team (e.g. threat monitoring, travel security, business continuity and crisis management), particularly in a leadership role;
- Experience with analytical software or OSINT tools.
If you are interested in this role, please apply through our website, submitting your CV and cover letter.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to a virtual panel interview and a meet and greet with the client.
Sibylline is committed to the recruitment and selection of candidates without regard for sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, age, political beliefs, culture and lifestyle. The firm is committed to fostering a business culture that reflects these values and promotes equal opportunity.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Madrid, Spain Madrid, Spain Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Senior Support Operations - Program Manager - Vulnerability ManagementAgile Analytics Automation Compliance Computer Science Data Analytics +7
Career development Equity Fitness / gym Flex vacation Insurance +2
Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine … Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Junior Web Analyst for anti-malware product - Remote/WorkAnywhereCloud Linux Malware Privacy
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Medical leave Unlimited paid time off
Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, United … Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Senior Manager- Future Cyber DefenceAnalytics Artificial Intelligence Computer Science Strategy
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Salary bonus Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs