Incident Response Engineer Intern
Cloudflare, Inc.Here at Cloudflare, we make the Internet work the way it should. Offering CDN, DNS, DDoS protection and security, find out how we can help your site.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About Cloudflare's Security teams
Anytime our engineers push code, it automatically affects the millions of Internet properties (powering websites, remote teams, APIs, mobile apps, etc.) running on our global network. Cloudflare's network is one of the largest in the world and spans over 300 cities in more than 100 countries. What's more, Cloudflare operates within 50 milliseconds of 95% of the Internet-connected population globally (for context, the blink of an eye is 300-400 milliseconds!). We are passionate about making the Internet more secure, reliable, and faster for everyone.
Cloudflare’s Security team works to ensure the safety and security of our products, networks, and, above all, our people. We are organized in teams that deal with, for example, Service Delivery, Product Security, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance), Vulnerability management or Security Response.
The Security Response team (EMEA) is the front end for the Incident Response program and its main mission is to collect, triage and respond to incidents that affect Cloudflare's Infrastructure or users.
About the Internship Program
The ideal intern is passionate about making the Internet a better place and Cloudflare more secure. You will work with knowledgeable engineers and incident responders. You will help triage and respond to security alerts and incidents, and also help improve our processes and detection capabilities. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to a first-class Incident Response team.
What would you do as a Cloudflare intern for the Security Response Team?
- Participate in incident response activities such as triage, analysis and containment of security incidents.
- Find opportunities to improve detections and automate repetitive tasks.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams from different countries.
- Be assigned a mentor to guide you through the internship and help with career goals.
- Make friends across the company through our Buddy Program, Employee Resource Group (ERG) programs, and Activity Groups (Cat or dog lovers, we’ve got communities for you! @Catflare @Doggos).
- Present your work to the entire company at the end of the internship.
- Get direct access to our executives and leadership team including our co-founders.
- Write for our cloudflare.com/">Cloudflare blog and be featured on Cloudflare.tv sessions.
- Receive Cloudflare swag and free Cloudflare products!
You can check out our internship blogs to learn more about our program and hear directly from our past interns.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Currently pursuing (or recently finished) a degree or program in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and drive to learn and adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Curiosity, empathy and ability to get things done.
- Ability to commit to a 12+ week internship.
- Interest in security topics such as Security Incident Response, Application Security, Network Security, etc.
- Nice to have:
- Understanding of security concepts.
- Familiarity with pentesting or system administration.
- Understanding of the Incident Response lifecycle.
- Familiarity with writing scripts in bash or python.
IMPORTANT - Please note!
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an email with instructions. Please check your spam and email from Cloudflare Hiring .
- We will be hiring interns through the year on a rolling basis until all roles are complete. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not get back to every candidate.
- Our internship will preferably be located in our office in Lisbon.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Tags: APIs Application security Bash Cloud Cloudflare Compliance Computer Science DNS Governance Incident response Network security Nonprofit Pentesting Privacy Product security Python Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs