Cyber Security Engineering Professional (Compliance and Vulnerability)
Deansgate, Manchester, United Kingdom
BT GroupFrom Ultra Fast Full Fibre broadband to TV & Mobile, BT helps UK families, communities & companies reach their potential. Find more BT products here.
Why this job matters
The Secure Development Team in Private Cloud runs several different applications and services to keep BT virtually and physically safe while helping us to detect arising security issues. We are recruiting a Cyber Security Engineering Professional-Compliance and Vulnerability to help roll out the strategic vulnerability management toolset across BT. You will play a fundamental part in keeping BT, all our people and networks, safe and secure.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the design and development of solutions in line with wider architecture and security standards, demonstrating basic understanding of how solution impacts the wider Security roadmap.
- Contribute technical and analytical knowledge where needed to support managers, principals, or technical experts to resolve issues during projects.
- Identify and solve routine problems with components designed, performs deep dive data analysis, potentially introducing new components or features to resolve issues.
- Design and develop components of smaller and /or less complex projects in partnership with team, ensuring and documenting the quality of delivery.
- Conduct technical peer reviews within the organisation or with suppliers to ensure outputs align to quality standards and customer requirements.
- Working in a fast paced, agile team.
- Understanding how the technology we have can be used to solve complex business problems.
- Designing and documenting business processes relating to the technology you are working on, while considering the relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in, or a demonstrable strong interest in Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management, compliance scanning and patching systems.
- Ability to develop an internal network of strong working relationships you can call on to assist with your role.
- Experience tackling process/policy obstacles to delivery.
- Ability to advocate and apply technology where it has not been used previously.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge of IP networking, Systems integration.
- Great communicator: implementing business process, including creating comms and Wikis of deliveries.
Nice to have
- Ability to develop quotes/business cases and ways to avoid costs.
- Experience with Qualys or ServiceNow Security Operations, or ServiceNow generally.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Competitive salary
- 10% on target bonus
- BT Pension scheme, minimum 5% Employee contribution, BT contribution 10%
- 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Huge range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, healthcare, season ticket loan
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Discounted broadband, and mobile packages
- Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs