Cybersecurity Threat Analyst
phia, LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
We are seeking a skilled Cybersecurity Threat Analyst professional in vulnerability intelligence and risk mitigation to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting comprehensive written analyses and tailored mitigation strategies based on vulnerability intelligence sourced from diverse open and closed data sets. Your expertise will be pivotal in working with a team that thrives on cross-agency and partner coordination and is working to fortify the national cybersecurity posture. This job is a hybrid position reporting to an Arlington, VA location. Preferred candidates will reside within the DMV (DC/MD/VA) metro area.
What You'll Do
- Identify and validate data requirements crucial for in-depth analysis and other analytical functions.
- Review vulnerability data to prioritize findings and guide remediation efforts.
- Conduct open-source research to uncover vulnerabilities utilizing standard vulnerability intelligence and management tools.
- Analyze technical vulnerabilities, assessing prevalence, exploitability, and associations with cyber threat actors.
- Produce, review, and refine written reports for dissemination within our organization and to external ecosystem partners, effectively communicating vulnerability intelligence insights and risk mitigation recommendations.
- Collaborate in defining requirements, designing, and implementing security components, along with contributing to testing efforts.
- Develop customized mitigation strategies and improvement plans based on comprehensive cybersecurity assessments.
Education + Requirements
- 3 years of experience in Vulnerability Mitigation and/or Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Proficiency in implementing or evaluating intelligence within Federal Security or threat intelligence frameworks such as FedRAMP, FISMA, RMF, DIACAP, NIST SP 800 series and NIST SP 800-53, Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, or MITRE D3FEND
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present findings to leadership
- Experience in cyber intelligence or analysis, particularly within the US intelligence community.
- Strong background in scripting languages for querying extensive data repositories.
- Prior experience in system or network administration.
- Familiarity with tools such as CSAM, XACTA, and eMASS.
- Certification(s) such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), or Cyber Threat Intelligence certifications would be advantageous.
- You have an analytic mindset with the ability to accurately assess data and find trends
- Ability to explain verbally and in written form how cybersecurity plays a role in information technology, e.g., attack surface, vulnerability coupling, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Public Trust
Who You Are· A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.· Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.· An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.· Customer service oriented and mission focused.· Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Arephia, LLC is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.· phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:· Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision· Short Term & Long-Term Disability· 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match· Tuition and Professional Development Assistance· Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: CEH Clearance CompTIA Cyber Kill Chain DIACAP DoD eMASS FedRAMP FISMA Incident response MITRE ATT&CK NIST NIST 800-53 RMF Scripting Security Clearance Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Atlanta, GA, US, 30308 Atlanta, GA, US, 30308 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 169K+
Cyber Sec - Cyber Threat Mgmt - Application Sec - DevSecOps - Manager - Multiple Positions - 1462044Agile Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure +21
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Startup environment +1
Remote (United States) Remote (United States) Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
Product Marketing Manager, Threat Intelligence and Emerging ProductsContent creation Monitoring Privacy Risk management SaaS Strategy +1
Competitive pay Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs