Cyber Security Industrial Placement
EDFEDF is an energy provider, supplying electricity and gas to homes and businesses in the UK. Compare our energy prices, get a quote and switch. Our electricity is zero carbon.
A career that will deliver change. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
Join our Cyber Security Industrial Placement and you can make an immediate impact, powering the nation today, whilst helping to build a sustainable energy future for tomorrow.
"Electricity is such a vital component in everyone’s lives. It powers schools, businesses and hospitals, so I knew that if I did my placement within EDF then I would have a really large impact on society, and that made my placement a lot more fulfilling.” Priyanka, Science & Engineering Industrial Placement
What is the Industrial Placement Programme?
We’re recruiting for students to join us on our 12-month Cyber Security Programme, working at our Heysham 1 Nuclear Power station.
You’ll be joining the Engineering department to drive plant computing security governance through the implementation of company policy, technical standards and regulatory requirements.
Heysham uses programmable and configurable microprocessor based systems for monitoring and control. The security of these systems or devices is important for the continued safe and reliable operation of site processes involved in nuclear power generation, supporting the nation’s critical infrastructure.
What salary and benefits are we offering you?
- Starting salary of £21,200
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Flexible benefits package
- Wellbeing, physical and mental health support services
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
Training, development and support for you:
Over this 12-month programme, most of what you learn will be on the job, with support from your mentor and the teams you work in. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your academic training to genuine problems that are faced in the energy industry and complete modules that contribute to your degree.
Head to https://www.edfenergy.com/careers for more information about life at EDF.
Where you’ll work:
You will work on Heysham 1, one of EDF’s operating Nuclear Power Stations located in Morecambe.
What you’ll need to join the team:
- On track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:2 undergraduate degree or 2:2 postgraduate qualification in Cyber or Computer Science
- Technical and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
- To be appointed to this role, you will need to meet the criteria for Security Vetting which will, ordinarily, require you to have been a resident of the UK for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
Our selection process is designed to bring out the best in you! We use a strengths-based approach to let you shine and showcase your skills and what truly brings you joy. We believe that embracing our individual strengths lies at the heart of engagement and the motivation to succeed and excel at work. We’re here to guide you and you’ll find helpful tips and advice about the application process and assessment centre dates on our graduate web pages.
We will be closing this advert when we have our desired number of candidates.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs