Cyber Threat Hunter
Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Requisition ID: 192987
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Director of Cyber Threat Evaluation Center (CyTEC), the Cyber Threat Hunter role within the Cyber Threat Modelling team is responsible for identifying and assessing cyber-security and insider (people) threats posing potential risk and harm throughout Scotiabank globally. It is considered an entry level role to Cyber Threat Hunting operations.
The Cyber Threat Hunter works as part of a pro-active investigation team that iteratively analyzes information across various data sources, facilitates establishing the likelihood of business impact, and helps to identify control enhancements to mitigate/isolate risk to business operations. They iteratively analyze information across various data sources, establishing the likelihood of business impact, and helps to identify control enhancements to mitigate/isolate risk to business operations. The Cyber Threat Hunter effectively collaborates with teammates, as they engage key stakeholders globally to develop, implement, and integrate the team’s continuous improvement capabilities to minimize the cost of performing pro-active investigations.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include :
- Conduct threat hunting operations using analytics-driven, awareness-driven, and intelligence-driven analysis methodologies to detect and mitigate threats across the enterprise.
- Ensure that proper chain of custody is maintained and that all evidence recovery and collection methods are conducted, managed, and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence in its original form.
- Recommend security solutions and controls to improve deficiencies identified during an investigation.
- Develop and implement processes and technologies to reduce costs and minimize business impacts during threat hunting engagements.
- Support, develop and maintain mechanisms for occurrence reporting and management threat hunting engagements.
- Adhere to industry standard principles, methodologies, and techniques when gathering, processing, handling and storing digital evidence.
- Ensure that proper chain of custody is maintained and that all evidence management techniques and methods are executed in a forensically sound manner consistent with proven industry standards.
What you will bring to succeed :
- Must have a strong approach to critical thinking, analytics, problem solving, creativity & detail orientation.
- Must be able to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a high level of professionalism is critical.
- Current and working knowledge in Windows/Unix operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and PC networking.
- Working knowledge of major programming languages (python, objective C, C#, SQL, AQL, others).
- Knowledge and experience with data mining and analytics using relational databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL)
- Proficiency in technical writing & communication for a business audience in English.
- +2 years working experience in information/cyber security or related field; or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 1 year of documented and relevant experience.
- Professional certifications and membership of associations in the field of information/cyber security preferred, but not required, such as: Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Cary,North Carolina,United States Cary,North Carolina,United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 93K - 179K * USD 93K+ *
Threat Intelligence AnalystEncryption Firewalls Incident response OSINT Python Splunk +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs