Senior Manager, IT and Cyber Risk
Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Requisition ID: 193038
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Senior Manager, IT and Cyber Risk, you will contribute to the overall successful development and execution of a second line of defense program for Cyber Security and IT risk, performs assessments of risk management practices carried out by the first lines of defense, carry out quantitative analysis of threat and vulnerability scenarios which may impact global IT systems operation as well as business processes supporting the Bank’s multiple delivery channels, ensuring all operates within the Bank’s risk appetite levels for Cyber Security and IT services
You will contribute to the development, execution and ultimately the overall success of a second line of defence function within the Global Cyber Security and IT Risk Management Program. You will also deliver challenge and independent assessment and oversight of risk management practices carried out by the first line of defence.
What you'll do in this role?
- You will be the subject matter expert (SME) in the field of Information/Cyber Security & Risk
- You will possess executive level reporting and presenting capabilities, being able to articulate complex technical issues into simple executive commentary
- You will be able to understand different data sources and connect the dots to help the business analyse and address key issues.
- You will be self sufficient, not requiring training and will be able to lead a team of individuals in delivering key programs from inception to delivery against tight deadlines.
- Deliver objective evaluation and oversight of risk management practices carried out by the first line of defence to ensure that the Bank’s processes and controls relating to Cyber Security and IT Risks are sufficient to maintain the consistent operation of systems, the continuous availability and integrity of data and the confidentiality of sensitive information. The Bank’s global IT operation consists of over 2000 applications and more than 250,000 technology components across various global sites which are security monitored through the Bank’s centralized Security Operations Centre.
- Guide IT, Security and other control functions on Cyber Security and IT Risk management processes, systems and procedures; reviews and provide advice relating to policies frameworks, standards and control objectives; and ultimately build and sustain a risk aware culture.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure information sharing and support complementary and contrasting risk oversight initiatives as appropriate
What we're looking for?
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to distill complex data and information into succinct messages and conclusions.
- Master’s degree or higher in science, technology, engineering, business administration is an asset.
- 5+ years experience in Technology or Operational Risk Management , IT Audit, IT Compliance, regulatory-supervision, consulting or advisory roles.
- Experience with IT Operations, Information/Cybersecurity risk experience. Subject matter expertise is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and relationship-building skills to deal with senior levels of management, local and remote business partners and regional risk teams.
- Experience using COBIT, ITIL, NIST, or other specific industry frameworks.
- Experience using of GRC risk management tools.
- Professional certifications and membership of associations such as CRISC, CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc. are an asset.
- Must have a proven demonstrated practice in leading and executing change initiatives
- Spanish proficiency is required
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Staff Security EngineerAutomation Endpoint security Firewalls Incident response SaaS SIEM +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs