Cyber Security Engineer
Teddington, United Kingdom
LGC GroupLGC is a global life science tools company with a broad portfolio.  We work closely with our diverse customers to drive science forward and find solutions that diagnose, heal, and help feed our growing population. Together we solve...
LGC is an international life sciences tools company, building leading positions in sustainably growing markets. It provides reference materials, genomics solutions and analytical testing products and services, based on its innovation and intellectual property. It works with customers in the pharmaceuticals, agricultural biotechnology, food, environment, and sports sectors as well as with governments and academia to achieve excellence in investigative, diagnostic and measurement science.
LGC has sites across the globe including the UK, the US, Europe, China, and Canada. LGC Group supports the development of clinical diagnostic kits, genomics-based therapeutics, and drought-resistant crops with its genomics capabilities. It offers the most comprehensive range of reference materials available – in total over 100,000 products for analytical laboratories to choose from, ensuring safety of many every day and essential products. Its offering is underpinned by its heritage and expertise in regulation, accreditation, and standard setting. It helps customers conform to international statutory and regulatory standards. Science is at the heart of all it does - for a safer world.
LGC is owned by private equity firms, Cinven, Astorg and ADIA, and has undergone an exciting cycle of growth and development. LGC has seen its revenues double over the last 5 years and has plans to continue this rate of growth over the next 5 years underpinned by both organic and inorganic growth, continuing it international M&A programme which has seen more than 10 acquisitions since 2016.
This role will work collaboratively with other Cyber Security, IT and business functions to engineer cyber security technologies and solutions that operate effectively in reducing cyber risk within the LGC IT environment.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of technology infrastructure and security tools and be able to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders. Security knowledge is required across areas such as Endpoint, Security Event and Information Management, Firewalls, Remote Access, Identity and Access Management, Secure Email Gateways, Zero Trust and Cloud Security.
As a security engineer within the cyber security team, you will keep LGC safe by delivering technology improvements that mitigate cyber threats. This could be through implementing new security tools, working with other parties to remediate vulnerabilities, meeting new information security standards or other work that reduces cyber risk.
The key responsibilities in this role are:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security technologies that protect LGC's data, systems, and networks.
- Manage a prioritised backlog of cyber security enhancements.
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities in systems and software and develop solutions for protection.
- Perform assessments and continually improve the effectiveness of cyber security technology and processes.
- Develop cyber security plans for LGC’s cyber security tools and IT infrastructure.
- Appropriately respond to cyber security breaches and investigate root cause.
- Conduct proactive threat research to apply appropriate controls to the LGC environment.
- Troubleshoot problems with cyber security controls.
- Report to members of senior management potential threats, proposed improvements, and ongoing security issues.
Key role requirements include:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with outsourced partners.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities
Demonstrable experience in delivering cyber security and IT infrastructure technologies that tangibly reduce cyber risk.
Adherence to IT quality management and ITIL processes.
Experience working within risk, internal audit and IT governance is desirable.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs