Anomaly Detection Engineer
CAN, Ontario, Toronto, 200 Bloor Street East
ManulifeManulife is a leading financial services group. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
John Hancock’s Advanced Analytics & AI team works across the US Insurance business to optimize our sales and marketing activities, make life insurance easy to buy, and streamline in-force and claims operations! We have close relationships with functional leadership across the business and a strong working relationship with technology partners. As part of a 160+ member community of data scientists, John Hancock, and our parent Manulife, you will have an opportunity to network with experts across the globe.
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group offering insurance and wealth management solutions in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia!
We are on a transformational journey. We want to remove complexity from the financial services industry, to make people’s lives better and decisions easier. Being part of this transformation is hugely exciting and offers talented, ambitious people an amazing opportunity to build a career.
You will work as part of multi-functional team including actuaries and business domain experts. With help from SMEs, you will transform policy language into code to create automated projections and simulations as part of systems testing. You will independently experiment with data and communicate findings to your team and other partners.
- Investigating legacy systems for potential calculation and data anomalies.
- Building a tool to help actuaries and business SMEs perform anomaly testing.
- Developing techniques for validating accuracy of remediation to policy holders.
- Translating contractual requirements into datapoints.
- Exploring, and experimenting with data and systems based on contract language.
- Becoming an SME for the domain, systems, data environments.
- Performing analytics, transformation, and consolidation.
- Developing systematic, modular, and scalable solutions.
- Creatively tackle problems with limited guidance.
- Communicating findings to diverse group of partners.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years’ experience, or Master’s in quantitative based field (e.g., Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science and Engineering, Economics).
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python.
- Excellent solving skills with experience performing root cause analysis to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Proficient in code modularization and deployment in Microsoft Azure environment.
- Experience with automating data pipelines and working with data transformation tools.
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum and DevOps methodologies and tools (JIRA, DevOps).
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation: We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationCAN, Ontario, Toronto, 200 Bloor Street East
Salary range is expected to be between$74,270.00 CAD - $137,930.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact email@example.com for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs