Staff Network Engineer - Vulnerability Management - Federal
Kirkland, Washington, United States
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
Please Note: This position will include supporting our US Federal customers.
“This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Staff Network Engineer to join our team as the main point of contact for Vulnerability Management within the United States. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining network infrastructure, with a primary focus on identifying and remediating vulnerabilities. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams, lead efforts to upgrade network devices, and ensure a secure and resilient network environment.
If you are a dynamic and experienced Network Engineer looking to take on a key role in vulnerability management, we invite you to apply. Join us in creating a secure and resilient network infrastructure to support our business objectives.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead the identification, assessment, and remediation of network vulnerabilities.
- Analyse vulnerability scan results and prioritize vulnerabilities based on severity, exploitability, and potential impact.
- Work closely with security teams to prioritize and address vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain security policies, standards, and procedures related to vulnerability management.
- Investigate security incidents related to vulnerabilities and coordinate incident response activities as needed.
- Participate in security audits and compliance assessments to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Maintain accurate documentation of network configurations and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Provide regular reports on vulnerability management activities and network upgrades.
- Take a lead role in planning and executing network device upgrades in coordination with ServiceNow policies to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with project and program managers to ensure upgrades align with overall timelines.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Vulnerability Management efforts in the US.
- Partner with global teams to ensure alignment with overall network security objectives.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience in working on ISP and data centre networks.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with network technologies such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP/VRRP, IPSEC, SNMP.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP protocols, including traffic analysis using tools like Wireshark.
- Deep understanding of common vulnerabilities and exposure (CVE) databases, vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, Qualys), and penetration testing frameworks (e.g., Metasploit, tennable).
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5 ,Palo Alto operating systems is required; NGINX and Fortinet knowledge is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with cloud computing technologies (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and CI/CD practices.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) and Automation frameworks (e.g. Ansible, Terraform) for automation and tool development.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, empathy for customers, and ability to work in a globally distributed team.
- Passion for delivering high-quality support and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
For positions in the Seattle metro/Kirkland areas, we offer a base pay of $137,500 - $240,500, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements). Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.
Tags: Ansible Audits Automation AWS Azure CI/CD Cloud Compliance GCP Incident response Metasploit Nessus Network security Nginx Pentesting PowerShell Python Qualys Scripting TCP/IP Terraform Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
San Diego, California, United … San Diego, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 140K - 170K USD 140K+
Tandem Diabetes Care
Sr. Product Security Engineer - FirmwareCCPA CISSP Compliance Computer Science Encryption GIAC +9
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Staff Security EngineerAutomation Endpoint security Firewalls Incident response SaaS SIEM +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs