Sr. Space Threat Assessment Advisor
The Aerospace CorporationAerospace operates the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering.
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The National Systems Group (NSG) serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community (IC) and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) National Intelligence Manager (NIM) for Space oversees and integrates all aspects of the Intelligence Community's (IC) collection and analytic efforts for Space. The NIM for Space develops a Unifying Intelligence Strategy (UIS) to communicate and synchronize the Space Intelligence Community and manages the Space Threat Assessment Cell (STAC). STAC is a community resource applying foundational intelligence, technical expertise, and collaborative partnerships to frame the future space environment. We are looking for a Senior Space Threat Assessment Advisor (Senior Project Engineer) to contribute to strategic and technical roadmaps, execute impactful analyses, and drive engagement with the IC and other mission partners.
This position requires 100% on site work in Reston, VA.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Shape and contribute to multiple space and counterspace studies/projects.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive awareness and understanding of current and developing threats to U.S. national security space architecture and commercial systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with other intelligence community and national security space organizations, facilitate the exchange of information and analysis, and perform research tasks to address future counterspace threats with effective assessments & recommendations.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Project West Wing and the Engineering & Technology Group to proactively meet customer requirements with comprehensive technical expertise and the application of analytical tools.
- Coordinate engagement with stakeholders across Aerospace and other IC elements.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in applicable STEM areas or other relevant disciplines.
- 12 or more years of increasing responsibility and applicable experience in engineering, analysis, or other technical roles.
- Experience in engineering or analysis of counterspace threats, foreign perceptions analysis, multi-domain threats to space systems, space system design, etc.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of contractors, government customers, Aerospace program offices, and engineering staff.
- Demonstrate a motivated, positive, and success driven approach to take on fast-pace and dynamic challenges.
- Have a current and active Top Secret/SSBI/SCI clearance with polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree in applicable STEM areas or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience supporting a space-related program office and facilitating reach back to obtain and coordinate technical support from the Aerospace Engineering & Technology Group and other Aerospace Program Offices.
- Experience with intelligence analysis including a demonstrated ability to analyze a wide variety of data and the skills to write clear and concise intelligence products.
- Understanding of the national security space environment including people, organizations, infrastructure, and capabilities.
- Direct experience within the IC or DoD, especially in the areas of space operations, space threats, and/or counterspace intelligence analysis and reporting.
- Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate classified systems/data sources, and leveraging intelligence community capabilities in support of customers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (e.g., effective written and verbal communication, organization, time and resource management, interpersonal skills, etc.).
Our leadership philosophy is simple: every employee, regardless of level and role, can demonstrate leadership. At Aerospace, our commitment is our people. To cultivate our talent and ensure that we have a strong pipeline of future leaders, we want individuals who:
- Operate Strategically
- Lead Change
- Engage with Impact
- Foster Innovation
- Deliver Results
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Chicago, Illinois, United States Chicago, Illinois, United States Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 103K - 210K USD 103K+
Cybersecurity Threat Modelling Architect (Azure Cloud)Agile APIs Application security Azure CCSP CISA +29
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs