Campus Intern - IT Security
Kansas City, MO, US, 64106
JE Dunn ConstructionJE Dunn is one of the largest domestic general building contractors in the United States with our successful portfolio spanning across dozens of Industries.
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 100+ years. Aptitude, JE Dunn’s strategic partner for technology integration services, was born out of the growing need to meet the increasingly complex demands of modern building projects.
The Security Intern will assist to monitor and maintain various solutions. This position will be responsible for operational monitoring and reporting. Analyze and troubleshoot issues, make initial repairs, and perform necessary tuning and optimization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
Campus Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Configure, schedule, and monitor vulnerability scans. Assisting with remediation and trending.
- Develop python scripts for task automation and data parsing.
- Compose documentation for new procedures, including practices, runbooks, and revisions.
- Monitor systems for security, intelligence accuracy, and actionable events.
- Configure security controls for networking equipment in accordance with established benchmarks and compliance.
- Perform data analysis for anomaly detection.
- Report incidents, trending and threat statistics.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and integrity as required by job functions.
- Conducts actions in a professional and unbiased manner.
- Complies with all company and site policies and best practice standards.
- Continuously develops proficiency and understanding in the role.
- Maintains a professional appearance and workspace.
- Participates in and complies with all company safety and quality programs and procedures.
- Utilizes relevant JE Dunn technology to support all assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely
- Strong self-motivation; hunger to learn and research skillset in line with business objectives.
- Ability to utilize internet resources for research and problem solving.
- Maintains technical writing and documentation discipline.
- Ability to follow-up on inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written - Intermediate.
- Ability to solve technical issues - Intermediate.
- Listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team and independently.
- Enrollment in accredited Bachelors Degree program or higher, and coursework in the area(s) related to the internship opportunity
The benefits package aligned to this position is Intern. Please click the link below for more details.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Minneapolis, MN, United States Minneapolis, MN, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 95K - 135K * USD 95K+ *
EAC Product Development Solutions
Information Security AnalystAudits Compliance Industrial Monitoring Pentesting Travel +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs