Senior Crypto/COMSEC Cyber Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly...
Ready to make an impact! Peraton is seeking an experienced Senior Crypto/COMSEC Cyber Engineer to work side by side with our client in Colorado Springs, CO.!
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work with Peraton on the Remote Sensing SE&I program with the U.S. Space Force to develop and rapidly deploy the next generation of resilient Missile Warning (MW), Tactical Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (TISR), and Environmental Monitoring (EM) capabilities to deter attacks and provide critical information to our war-fighters to defeat our enemies in battle. Your customer will trust you to not only test, analyze, evaluate, validate, and verify these systems, but also identify areas requiring urgent mitigation up front and early to develop this system with advanced technology solutions.
Grow your skills by merging innovative engineering methodologies and cross-disciplinary coordination to create tomorrow’s solutions. Join our team and create the future of Remote Sensing in the Space Force.
**Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required**
The Senior Crypto/COMSEC Cyber Engineer will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Working as expert, conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Monitors for continual process improvement and lessons learned, and reports to management periodically.
- Must have an active/current Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Information Assurance, or Information Security and 8-10 years of relevant experience; Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience; high-school Diploma/GED and 12 years of relevant experience in lieu of a completed degree
- Minimum of 8+ years of information assurance/cybersecurity experience supporting space-related (space, ground, software, hardware system) Major Defense Acquisition Programs
- Experience in analyzing and securing DoD or Information Technology systems for compliance with specifications, requirements, and policies
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system accreditations for the DoD
- Knowledge of COMSEC principles, directives, procedures, criteria, and systems application
- Knowledge of DoD communications and information equipment utilizing COMSEC capabilities
- Ability to coordinate COMSEC requirements for the organization
- Ability to communicate and establish collaborative relationships with government clients, Federally Funded Research and Developmental Centers (FFRDC), and associate contractor teammates to achieve program goals
- A current TS/SCI security clearance
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Information Assurance, or Information Security and eight (8+) - 10 years of relevant experience
- Information Assurance (ISSE/IASAE) Level III Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of DoD 5000.01/02
- Experience performing systems engineering, integration, and test on space-based remote sensing systems
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and its functionality
- Experience in working with U.S. Military COMSEC programs
- Key Management Infrastructure Operating Account Manager (KOAM) Certification
Salary Range Estimates:
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
More jobs like this
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 … MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 118K - 246K USD 118K+
Senior Manager - Cyber Engineering (Onsite)Clearance Cryptography DoD Linux Mathematics Privacy +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs