Manager, Internal Audit (GIA Cyber)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Standard Bank GroupThe Standard Bank group is a leading financial services provider that supports Africa’s growth and development.
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
To lead and review the audit process for a portfolio of audits through audit execution and oversight of the audit team to independently and objectively provide assurance that enables client centric risk management.
- Build strong relationships with relevant senior internal stakeholders to understand the business and to enable assurance processes and GIA's wider objectives.
- Assess, identify and report on practices in the scope of audit projects which negatively impact client experience and raise recommendations to improve client experience.
- Adhere to GIA methodology, policies and procedures. Manage adherence of team members on audit projects. Guide team members to enhance their understanding and application of GIA methodology, policies and procedures.
- Manage and execute data led audit testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls, determine audit findings and residual risk, and agree remediation to address root causes. Engage all relevant GIA specialists to obtain input and agreement of the audit findings. Review, assess and approve all audit project work for quality, accuracy and adherence to GIA methodology. Communicate and agree findings with relevant auditees accountable for the areas under review.
- Contribute to the effective development of audit technology by providing input on technology needs.
- Relevant Degree (IT/ Computer Science/ Information Systems) - Min
- Post Graduate Degree (Hons) (IT/ Computer Science/ Information Systems) - Pref
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM) - Pref
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - Pref
Experience Required - 9 Years
1 - 2 Years: Experience analysing complex sets of data to interpret, visualise and identify trends. Understanding of IT controls.
5 - 7 Years: Planning and executing IT security audits, including information security governance reviews and technical infrastructure reviews. Managing and engaging with various stakeholders at a Senior Level. Experience in managing and leading teams with a proven track record of delegating and prioritizing tasks.
Behavioural & Technical Competencies
Developing Strategies: This competency includes facets of behaviour such as being visionary and establishing effective plans that take into consideration long-term aspects. This competency also includes the need for individuals to focus on identifying trends.
Taking Action: This competency is about taking action in service of achieving the organisation's goals. It is about being energetic, showing initiative and being action oriented.
Interpreting Data: This competency is about interpreting data accurately with an emphasis on the processing and interpretation of numbers. This competency also includes the utilisation of technology.
Maintain IA Professional Practices: Knowledge of Internal Audit International Professional Practices and apply them to improve the audit methodology, and as a quality standard for audit engagement deliverables to ensure continuous improvement of the audit function.
IA Data Analysis: The ability to inspect, transform and model data to inform and support the internal audit process and decision-making
IA Technology Application: The ability to utilise technology to source and analyse data that supports the internal audit process (risk assessments, full population testing) and drive visual presentation
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs