Senior Security Analyst
Zuellig Building Makati Avenue corner Paseo de Roxas
TelstraJoin Australia's largest mobile network, view our plans for NBN broadband internet, mobile phones, 5G & on demand streaming services.
Closing Date14 Feb 2024 11:59pm
Job TitleSenior Security Analyst
We're Australia's leading telecommunications and technology company. And with a global presence in more than 22 countries, we have a strong global footprint. Our purpose is to build a connected future so everyone can thrive. We're all about providing the best experience and delivering the best tech on the best network.
This includes making Telstra the place you want to work.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you thrive on solving problems and collaborating with your team to deliver innovative technical solutions to our enterprise customers. In this role, you ultimately contribute to Telstra Purple’s market share, by providing Managed Security Services to our Enterprise customers. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset and collaboration skills are critical to success in this role, as you continue to deepen your expertise in the Technology Consulting domain and build credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities includes:
Analyse complex cases and threats escalated by L1 Security Analyst.
Work with technical teams within our customers to be an extension of their team to detect and respond to security incidents.
Used to working in close conjunction with other SOC analysts to investigate potential security incidents.
Be passionate about cyber security and able to stay calm under pressure, especially when dealing with security incidents instilling confidence and direction to our customers.
Drive remedial activities that are identified through several mechanisms such as vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and risks that have been identified.
Use the various security technologies to carry out investigations and respond to customer queries.
Perform regular pro-active monitoring for security alerts relating to network triggers that may occur and raise tickets in line with processes.
Provide support innovation and continual improvement for the service and the wider IT and IS operations.
Organised and a good communicator in keeping customers informed of the progress of their tickets. Organised in keeping on top of actions that need to be addressed.
Develop processes for the management and monitoring of security technologies.
To be successful you’ll:
3+ years of experience in Cyber Security
Proven background in Managed Security Services industry.
Experience in managing security incidents on behalf of customers and taking the relevant actions using the tools that have been provided.
Experience in working with Security Operations Centres (SOCs)
Solid understanding of MITRE ATT&CK, NIST and other relevant frameworks
Preferably with any GIAC, Security+ CISSP and/or CEH certifications
Strong experience with investigation and analysis of security incidents
Amenable to work in on-site on a SOC environment.
Optional experience or understanding about Threat Hunting
Optional experience in writing scripts using Python or KQL
Optional writing and speaking skills (Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean and/or Japanese)
Experience in security technologies such as but not limited to SIEM, EDR, SSE, IAM, PAM, VA, etc..
If you're excited about the opportunity to be part of a team, committed to delivering amazing experiences to our customers – this could be the role for you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit www.telstra.com.au/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Brisbane, Virginia, QLD, AU Brisbane, Virginia, QLD, AU Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 133K * USD 60K+ *
Senior Enterprise Infrastructure and Security Operations AnalystAzure Cloud DevOps IT infrastructure Threat detection VMware
Career development Health care Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs