Cyber Security Lead
SingtelThe Singtel Group, Asia's leading communications group provides a diverse range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, TV, infocomms technology (ICT) and digital solutions.
As a Cyber Security Lead, you will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive governance, risk, audit, and compliance services tailored to the unique needs of Federal Government departments. You will be responsible for conducting risk management activities, participating in audits, ensuring cybersecurity compliance, and contributing to the development and updating of cybersecurity plans, policies, and procedures.
This position can either be based in Canberra or Sydney.
The day to day
- Conduct risk assessments and create risk treatment plans.
- Participate in audits, including IRAP assessments.
- Develop and update cybersecurity plans, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide cybersecurity support and related duties.
- Track and manage security calendar activities.
- Assist in the delivery of projects or activities.
- Participate in security incident response process and red team exercises.
Why you are our next Cyber Security Lead
- Baseline security clearance.
- Hands-on experience within cyber security governance, risk, compliance in the Federal Government environment or experience with cyber security audits in the private sector.
- Sound knowledge of one or more cyber security frameworks such as PSPF, ISM, Essential Eight, NIST, ISO 27001.
- Experience with developing processes, procedure, and work instructions.
- Knowledge of incident management, security monitoring, threat and vulnerability management.
- Familiarity with common security technologies (IDAM, SIEM/SOAR, IPS/IDS, XDR, Endpoint Protection, etc.).
- Prior technical experience in any of IT Infrastructure, Cloud, Networks, Applications will be a plus, but is not mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with IRAP Assessments is desired but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and performance incentives
- Discounts to Optus products and services, and to over 400 retailers Australia-wide
- Training, mentoring and development opportunities (ask us about OptusU!)
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- A “connected” day for you to use to connect to something you are passionate about
- Hybrid ways of working
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment.
Keen to see what it’s really like to work at Optus? Search #OptusLife on LinkedIn to go behind the scenes!
At Optus, we are strengthened by others and that means valuing diversity and saying ‘yes’ to embracing individual differences. We are committed to ensuring that our application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, individuals with a disability, individuals identifying as being part of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals who may have served in the armed forces or who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
For more information on Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Optus, please visit https://www.optus.com.au/about/inclusion-diversity
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Audits Clearance Cloud Compliance Governance IAM IDS Incident response IPS ISO 27001 IT infrastructure Monitoring NIST Red team Risk assessment Risk management Security Clearance SIEM SOAR Vulnerability management XDR
Perks/benefits: Competitive pay
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs