Security Analyst Intern
Ipswich, MA, US, 01938
EBSCO Industries, Inc.EBSCO began in 1944 with a magazine subscription service. Today, you can find us in a wide range of industries. Visit to learn more.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
In this role, you will perform a variety of cybersecurity and compliance activities that help protect EIS’s products and our customer’s data. You will work closely with other cybersecurity professionals and gain valuable exposure to cutting-edge security tools and operating environments. Risk analysis, incident investigation, vulnerability assessment
What You’ll Do (Primary Responsibilities)
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of cloud and on-premise environments.
- Use security tools to investigate potential security issues.
- Help develop effective security controls for development and production ecosystems.
- Assist in the management of security/privacy policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assist in the management of Vendor Risk Management program activities.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and implement security and privacy controls consistent with established policies and regulatory environments.
- Participate in reviewing Customer contracts, RFPs, Renewals, and associated documentation for security/privacy requirements and collaborate with EBSCO Legal regarding contractual obligations
- Assist in mapping control requirements across information security and privacy frameworks to identify overlapping requirements and compliance efficiencies
- Conduct audit reviews and information security risk assessments and submit results into Risk Register as needed
- Participate in regular exercises for Incident Response
What Sets you apart
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity concepts, such as threats (computer viruses, malware and the like) and vulnerabilities (defects in code or systems that can be exploited).
- Some experience with script development (Python).
- Candidate must be able to work well in a team environment and be a strong self-starter.
- Working toward or having a Bachelor's degree in CS or Cybersecurity
Our Offer to You
- This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience with cybersecurity and risk management tools and processes. EIS InfoSec is a fast paced, engaging environment that focuseson teamwork and shared responsibilities to get the job done.
- Have the chance to work on real business challenges and gain valuable experience.
- Competitive Hourly Rate.
- Support for your professional growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
- Regular feedback and coaching on your performance.
- As part of the EIS Summer Intern Program, interns enjoy a dedicated intern orientation program starting on June 10th and experience the benefits of joining a cohort and participating in enrichment events with fellow interns across the company. To learn more about the EIS Summer Internship Program, please visit - https://www.ebsco.com/about/internship-opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs