Senior Network & Security Engineer
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
VitestroVitestro is a fast-growing medical robotics company. We are the first to bring intuitive, autonomous technology to European hospitals.
Let's transform healthcare
At Vitestro, we will be the first to introduce autonomous blood drawing technology to European hospitals. Our team is growing rapidly. Do you have the pioneering mindset required to introduce this breakthrough innovation to patients? This is your opportunity to join us as Senior Network & Security Engineer.
Who we are
Staffing shortages in healthcare, aging population and rise in chronic diseases are huge problems that the health sector is currently facing. At Vitestro, it's our mission to improve patient care with our unique technology. And we're bloody serious about that!
By combining 3D ultrasound based on AI and precision robotics, our team created an autonomous blood drawing device. We are the first company in the world to introduce this innovation, that will revolutionize the healthcare industry.
Improving the lives of millions of patients runs through the veins of our business. Our extraordinary team of over 50 people loves to work on the toughest challenges to find cutting-edge solutions. We realize breakthroughs and change the future of health care. What's not to love about that?
Our can-do mentality and passion to work on the toughest challenges to find cutting-edge solutions leads us to a huge success: the product launch at the end of 2024. And for that, we need your help.
Senior Network & Security Engineer at Vitestro
As a Senior Network & Security Engineer at Vitestro, you will be pivotal in securing our device and its connectivity with various systems. This opportunity is set apart because we are embarking on a greenfield project, starting from scratch, providing an ideal environment for innovation and creativity. This is an exciting phase for our team, making it a prime time for dynamic individuals like yourself to join us.
Your primary responsibility will be establishing and enabling the device's external connections with the Vitestro Cloud and integrating seamlessly with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) used in hospitals and laboratories, in collaboration with Cloud Engineers. These connections will unlock a range of capabilities, including:
- Remote monitoring
- Data analysis
- Deep learning
- Upgrading of the devices in the field
- Workflows with hospital and lab systems
- Custom apps and dashboards for medical professionals
to provide opportunities for best-in-class service to our customers.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior network & security engineer, you will work in an agile environment to:
- Take ownership and lead in securing our device and all its integrations,
- Collaborate with Cloud Engineers to enable external connections of the device,
- Support colleagues with networking and security expertise through active collaboration with engineers from diverse disciplines, fostering a culture of shared knowledge and expertise,
- Leading discussions with our customers regarding networking and security,
- Contribute to certification efforts, including ISO27001 and NEN7510, ensuring compliance and security standards are met, thereby building trust with both internal stakeholders and external clients,
- Work outside your comfort zone, innovate, and introduce novel technologies & tools,
- Develop solutions suitable for the medical industry: patient safety, security, and compliance are essential.
What you will bring
- Proven ability to solve complex problems
- 4+ years of network engineering experience in enterprises, ideally with cloud environments, involving routing, FWs, proxies, VPNs, LBs
- 4+ years in a security engineering role
- Working knowledge cloud attack vectors, network protocols and packet analysis
- Solid technical knowledge in other areas, such as Linux, Linux Security, containerization, DevSecOps
- Implementation of security capabilities like security monitoring and vulnerability management for public cloud and SaaS tools
- Experience with Identity and Access Management tools
- Understanding of Zero Trust architecture
- Experience with scripting (Bash/Powershell)
Nice to have:
- CCNP or similar certifications
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code(IaC) and CI/CD
- Interest in learning more on Cloud and programming
- Experience with TPMs and encryption
- Experience in Programming
What we offer
- Competitive salary including pension plan
- 25 days of annual leave based on a full-time position
- Stock options, to become ‘co-owner’ of a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work model
- Working together in a high-skilled team with our home base in Utrecht
- Frequent out-of-work activities with our team (such as our Skitestro ski-trip)
- Training budget
- Opportunity to be key shaper of a new global industry niche: autonomous medical robotics
We offer an environment where you can make a lot of impact, as you are joining a growing scale-up in MedTech. Our team of driven and talented colleagues enjoys solving the challenges in developing, manufacturing, and completing our breakthrough medical device. While working in an open culture, we strive for excellence in all domains. We believe in taking courage and like to challenge each other. We learn and teach, regardless of age, nationality or gender.
Are you excited?
We totally understand that, so are we! By joining us, you can play an active role in changing the future of health care. Excited to join our revolution? Then we’d love to hear from you!
If you think you've got what it takes, but you don't meet all the requirements - we still recommend you apply. We would love to learn about your interest and experience, and consider if you can be a good fit for Vitestro. Nobody is a perfect fit, and we welcome applications with imperfections. We offer a learning environment where we grow together!
For questions, please contact Esther Crena Uiterwijk, email@example.com
For recruitment agencies – no thank you.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 138K - 210K * USD 138K+ *
Senior Security EngineerClearance Compliance Governance Intrusion detection Monitoring Security Clearance +1
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs