Senior Security Engineer
EthosGet an instant life insurance quote online today! Ethos makes life insurance easy by offering you a dependable quote in seconds.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a Senior Security Engineer on our Trust and Safety team, you will be responsible for building various security services and performing technical security risk assessments to support Ethos' main product. You will help architect and build our internal security standards and frameworks. This role will help build and deploy various security controls in line with foundational security principles like least privilege, defense in depth, segregation of duties and zero-trust architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and deploy security mechanisms to protect against adversarial attacks, data breaches, and other security vulnerabilities
- Design and build robust threat detection, monitoring, investigation workflows response architectures and the components of the security analytics platform
- Monitor and evaluate operational/security alerts
- Conduct Threat Modeling, Design Reviews and Security Testing
- Communicate risks to engineering staff through training and technical demonstration of vulnerabilities and secure design patterns
- Partner with the DevOps team to orchestrate/automate security controls in the Ethos infrastructure/platform
- Lead the vulnerability management lifecycle at the infrastructure, platform, and application levels
- Participate in investigations, threat hunting, and incident response activities; build playbooks for specific incident response scenarios
- Assist with compliance activities, such as SOC2 control implementation and testing, vendor risk assessments, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of full time core, relevant InfoSec experience
- Intimate familiarity with AWS cloud security, experience automating security processes in cloud environments
- Proficiency in threat modeling, design reviews and security testing of various types of applications, technologies and platforms
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Ability to write automation scripts, ideally in more than one language
- Experience in vulnerability/threat management activities at the infrastructure, platform, and application level
- Experience with penetration tests/red team exercises, ideally the type that involve manual verification, exploitation, lateral movement, etc.
- Expertise with event management/SIEM solutions, data modeling associated with building event detection and alerting capabilities
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Analytics Automation AWS CI/CD Cloud Compliance DevOps Full stack Incident response Monitoring Privacy Red team Risk assessment SIEM SOC 2 Threat detection Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs