OCIO-0036 Enterprise Cybersecurity Validation Compliance Ofc (NS) - TUE 20 Feb
Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Deadline Date: Tuesday 20 February 2024
Requirement: Enterprise Cybersecurity Validation and Compliance Officer
Full time on-site: Yes
Time On-Site: 100%
Total Scope of the request (hours): 1520
Required Start Date: 25 March 2024
End Contract Date: 31 December 2024
Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
Note: For all Level-of-Effort and Completion-Type requests processed outside of the IWC Value Stream, and for which the contractor will not be reimbursed directly by OCIO for travel expenses, additional travel funding shall be allocated on a Not-to-exceed basis when the yearly Option is exercised
Annex A – Special Terms and Conditions
The contractor will be responsible for complying with the respective national requirements for working permits, visas, taxes, social security etc. whilst working on site at NATO HQ Brussels, Belgium.
No special status is either conferred or implied by the host organisation, NATO HQ Brussels, Belgium to the contractor whilst working on site.
The contractor will be responsible for complying with all the respective National Health COVID-19 regulations in Belgium before taking up the position.
The NATO Chief Information Officer (CIO) function brings Information and Communications Technology (ICT) coherence across NATO Enterprise’s civil and military bodies. The NATO CIO is empowered to realize the Allies’ vision for the NATO Enterprise is accountable to the Secretary General and is responsible for the development of Enterprise directives and advice on the acquisition and use of information technologies and services. The NATO CIO provides Enterprise oversight on cybersecurity issues, and, in close coordination with all relevant NATO civil and military bodies, works towards the continual improvement of the cyber hygiene and cybersecurity posture in the NATO Enterprise.
This Statement of Work (SoW) describes the contractual work in support of the Office of the NATO Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at the NHQ in Brussels in leading and overseeing NATO Enterprise projects on improving cybersecurity audit, assessment, compliance and defensive cyberspace operations processes. The incumbent will be working within the OCIO Enterprise Security Branch – Enterprise Risk Management Section. The incumbent will be in charge of the development, execution and overview of multiple cybersecurity-related activities in support of the NATO Enterprise security posture oversight and improvement. This includes the analysis of evidences stemming from audit and compliance activities on the NATO Enterprise attack surface and the evaluation of its security posture. He/she will also assess the risks for the Enterprise in support of the Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO), while interacting with multiple, different NATO and National Stakeholders.
The contractor will effectively and efficiently, provide the following services:
Support the daily risk-management activities of the Section conducted through the NATO Cyber Risk Management Group (CRMG) and the NATO Board of Communication and Information Systems Operational Authority (BCISOA), to facilitate risk-informed decisions of the OCIO leadership;
Coordinate and support risk-management activities and analysis in the context of Defensive Cyberspace Operations campaigns, directly coordinating plans and activities with the Enterprise Incident Management Section, and assessing and monitoring related results;
Assist and coordinate the development, execution and oversight of the Enterprise Vulnerability Assessment Plan (EVAP);
Ensure that the NATO Enterprise cyberspace attack surface is constantly monitored and analysed through regular auditing activities, with results being promptly analysed and assessed in support of risk-informed decisions;
Support Cybersecurity Validation and Compliance activities including the analysis of audits’ results, with focus on root-cause factors and possible improvements;
Assist and contribute to the development and/or updating of OCIO’s Directives;
Ensure that relevant Risk Management Section’s reports and products are constantly fed with NATO Enterprise’s external attack surface audits results and NATO Enterprise’s security posture assessments.
Provide support to various CIS related activities, as directed by the Head of Enterprise Security Branch.
4. LOCATION OF DUTY
The work will be primarily on site at the NATO HQ offices in Brussels, Belgium.
Frequent travel or short deployments to NATO Command Structure bodies would be required. Due to the nature of the work, minimal teleworking can be foreseen.
The services of the contractor are required for the period starting 25 March 2024 until 31 December 2024.
A contract extension is possible for the calendar years 2025 and 2026. Future contract extensions are subject to performance of the contractor, budget availibility and related NATO regulations.
6. SPECIFIC WORKING CONDITIONS
Secure environment with standard working hours. Occasional non-standard hours may be required in support of the NATO Chief Information Officer urgent tasks.
Occasional business travel may be required. Travel expenses will be reimbursed to the individual directly (in addition to the hourly rate) under NATO rules.
8. SECURITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
The contractor must be in possession or capable of possessing a security clearance of NATO SECRET.
A signed Non-Disclosure Agreement will be required.
- The contractor must be in possession or capable of possessing a security clearance of NATO SECRET.
- The contractor must have knowledge and multiyear experience in organisation, management and support of various (international) operations, activities, units and projects related to Defence, security, electronics and communications, in the National or NATO environments;
- The contractor must have good knowledge of the cybersecurity audit and compliance concepts, process and activities.
- It is desirable that the contractor has previous experience with NATO-related cybersecurity audit, remediation and analysis of the different cybersecurity audits reports.
- It is desirable that the contractor must have previous experience with NATO cybersecurity and cyber-related risk management, preferably with a degree of experience in operationally-related activities;
- The contractor must have good knowledge of the principles, policy and procedures governing cybersecurity, preferably in military and/or defence organizations;
- The contractor must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The contractor must have excellent English writing skills, the ability to draft clear and concise reports, and the ability to brief on their work in English.
- Previous NATO experience in one or more of the fields of cybersecurity, cyber defence, cyberspace operations, risk and incident management is desirable.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs