508 Compliance Associate
United States - Remote
ARETUM, a leading government contracting company specializing in technology-enabled mission support services, is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated 508 Compliance Associate to join our team. As a 508 Compliance Associate at ARETUM, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our digital products and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities, in compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
ARETUM is known for providing cutting-edge solutions and outstanding service to Federal clients in various sectors, including Next Generation Analytics, Engineering Services, Training Services, IT Systems, Cyber Security, PMO Support, and Financial Consulting. Our mission is to deliver technology-driven solutions that meet the unique needs of our government clients, enabling them to achieve their objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with delivery teams to review and ensure deliverables such as UI/UX designs, Applications, various documents published on websites meet or exceed Section 508 compliance standards as per DODs accessibility requirements.
- Monitor and stay up to date with latest industry trends, advancements in technology, and evolution of federal accessibility rules, regulations, and guidance.
- Periodically 508 compliance checks, analyze the reports, create JIRA tickets suggesting potential solutions.
- Validate 508 fixes implemented by development teams.
- Assist 508 compliance lead in preparing monthly 508 compliance report showing overall error rate for the application and deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience in 508 Compliance testing
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding of Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) WCAG requirements
- Proficient with using electronic tools such as SortSite for automated checks and tools such as JAWS (Job access with speech), NVDA (Nonvisual desktop access), Narrator screen readers, ANDI etc. for 508 compliance testing.
- Experience in redesigning and/or developing solutions to ensure IT software compliance if an accessibility problem is detected.
- BS in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have Active Secret Clearance
ARETUM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
ARETUM utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs