Two Six Technologies is seeking a Cybersecurity Researcher to support our growing team in Dayton, Ohio. You will work with a range of clients supporting national security missions. You will become a trusted advisor while learning and performing valuable technical and industry skills. This role is technical at its core – along with in-depth reverse engineering and exploit development you will transition those findings into capabilities.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Given the technical nature of this role, experience in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field is required. Significant proven experience in reverse engineering (RE) or vulnerability research (VR) can show your fit even if your background is outside of one of these fields.
- You should be comfortable taking on complex technical problems for which there is often no known answer.
- You should be comfortable with ambiguity and forging your own path; our small team setting will provide you opportunity for outsized impact.
- While you will receive extensive training, mentorship, and coaching, you must be comfortable executing against goals independently since there’s no playbook for breaking unique complex systems.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (solid knowledge in RE or VR may substitute for a specific degree)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with software/firmware development using low-level programming languages (C and at least one assembly language), scripting languages (e.g., Python), and the *nix command line
- Strong familiarity with cybersecurity principles and a strong interest in learning more
- Minimum 3 years of experience with common disassemblers/decompilers and reverse engineering tools (IDA, Ghidra, Binary Ninja)
- Experience with software reverse engineering concepts: static analysis, dynamic analysis, fuzzing techniques
- Experience performing vulnerability research, including attack surface triage, finding vulnerabilities, and developing proofs of concept to demonstrate security impact
- Active US Security clearance of Secret level and ability to obtain and maintain TS
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a Polygraph clearance
Nice to have, but not expected:
- Familiarity with Binary Ninja API or Ghidra scripting
- Familiarity building or securing embedded devices and other digital systems
- Familiarity with embedded binary reverse engineering (ARM, RTOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic cryptography design and implementation concepts
- Familiarity with Hardware and embedded devices
- Experience in a client-facing technical role
- An active Top Secret DoD or IC security clearance
- Active US Security clearance of Secret level and ability to obtain and maintain TS.
Two Six Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture, hair type and protective hair styles (e.g., braids, twists, locs and twists)), color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and lactation), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), marital status, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information provided will be kept confidential and used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Additionally, please be advised that this business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices.
EOE, including disability/vets.
By submitting the following application, I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge, the information provided is true and accurate.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Chesterfield, Missouri, United States Chesterfield, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 192K * USD 136K+ *
Staff ML and AI Security ResearcherApplication security Artificial Intelligence Audits Automation Cloud Computer Science +11
Career development Flex hours Startup environment
Remote - Ontario Remote - Ontario Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Senior Software Developer - Full Stack (Security Research Services Development)Agile APIs Artificial Intelligence AWS Cloud Full stack +15
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs