Information Security Consultant
New York City, United States
Turner & TownsendA global consultancy business serving clients in the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is looking to recruit an in-office Information Security Manager to join our existing Global Information Security team.
Working with the Information Security team to provide advice and guidance on IT security and further develop IT policies and processes across a multi-region infrastructure consisting of 8300+ staff and 100+ sites.
As a member of the IT Security team, you will review all aspects of the IT environment and its components. This role shall be responsible for supporting and maintaining enterprise-wide solutions. The successful candidate will be required to proactively improve and provide advice and guidance on information security matters.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure and/or information security within a fast-paced environment.
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with security incident management and response activities.
- General day-to-day support on managing and responding to security alerts from systems and end-users.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly security checks, reconciliation and compliance checks and investigate exceptions.
- Completing client security requirement questionnaires and support the bidding process.
- Identify and raise awareness of security risks.
- Develop and enhance security policies, processes, procedures, and technical controls to strengthen Turner & Townsend’s security capabilities and resilience to cyber threats.
- Take a proactive role in identifying security risks, mitigations, and opportunities to strengthen Turner & Townsend’s resilience to cyber-attacks and security incidents.
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems and applications.
- Develop user and technical training guides.
- Maintain and manage the IT Risk register.
- Test DR plans and capabilities to ensure they work as designed, identifying gaps and lessons learn and work with the business to drive continual development and enhancement.
- Five years hands-on experience of security and/or infrastructure within a large enterprise environment.
- Exposure to enterprise information security standards including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, 27002 etc. Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Microsoft O365 Security solutions; Networking; Security operations; Vulnerability Management; Security Auditing.
- Good understanding of security testing principles and laws, including experience of vulnerability scanning, identifying, resolving, and reporting risks.
- Experience of formal document creation, such as the creation of reports or procedures.
Detailed knowledge of:
- Microsoft O365 environment.
- Threat Intelligence analysis and best practice.
- Security Incident Response processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity principles.
- Global Security & Protection laws.
- Event and log analysis.
Core Behavioral Skills:
- Confident individual with the good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
- Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information.
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users.
- Good organizational skills, used to managing and prioritizing own workload.
- Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities.
Company Values Statement:
We endeavor to create a work environment that reflects the culture of the company, and we encourage every member of our staff to embrace our commitment to be:
- Quality Driven
- Goal Orientated
- Customer Focused
- Continuously Improving
- Open & Integrated
The salary range for this full-time role is $65K-$155K per year. Ranges are determined by role and level and represent a good faith effort to provide a fair and equitable salary. This range is a reflection of base salary only, not of a total compensation package. Please note Turner & Townsend reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range, depending on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
*On-site presence and requirements may change depending on our client's needs
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 58K - 107K USD 58K+
DevSec Ops, Cyber Risk, Consultant/Senior ConsultantAgile Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure +24
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flexible spending account Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs