Principal Engineer Software (CDL-NetSec)
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
This is an opportunity to use both your technical expertise and your passion for delivering business value to be a part of an org tackling real problems for real businesses on the largest data platform in the security domain. We are hiring principal, senior, or junior level engineers on query data processing based on large amounts of datasets in the Firewall Data Lake.
Firewall Data Lake is the industry's leading, AI-based data platform. Firewall Data Lake collects customers’ large amounts of data in Petabytes daily. The query service on the Data Lake provides fast and sophisticated queries for analytics, machine Learning and AI, so that our customers and tools can act on potential security threats. Customers can securely and privately store and analyze large amounts of data that is normalized for advanced AI and machine learning to find threats and orchestrate responses quickly. We’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (think exabytes of data).
This is a unique opportunity to help build the products and practices that will support our growth over the next decade. If you see the potential of how incredible people can transform a business, this is the role for you. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Design and implement ingestion, streaming and query processing services using Kafka, Flink and BigQuery scalable technologies
- Build a large-scale production system with high throughput and low latency, based on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Interface with the broader data platform teams to help develop a long-term technology roadmap
- Be both a deep technical leader and a hands-on engineer
- Champion engineering excellence, establish business metrics and drive continuous operational improvement
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience or equivalent military experience required
- 9+ years’ experience or equivalent in software engineering
- Professional experience in software development, using Java (Must) and more programming languages
- Experience in distributed data processing and system
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Skills for planning and executing complex projects
- Experience on frameworks and infra architecture
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems running on large-scale production environments
- Experience on public clouds and products, such as BigQuery on GCP, or AWS is a plus
- Experience in query engine optimization is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: No. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs