Senior Security Analyst
Nashville, TN, US, 37203
LP Building SolutionsDiscover the advanced building solutions and high-performance construction materials LP has been delivering to the industry for over 50 years.
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Solutions) is a leading provider of high-performance building solutions that meet the demands of builders, remodelers, and homeowners worldwide. We manufacture engineered wood building products that include an extensive offering of innovative and dependable building materials and accessories. LP’s values-driven culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in an ethical, inclusive, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Since our founding in 1972, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates more than 20 facilities across North and South America. For more information, visit LPCorp.com.
This position is responsible for collaborating across IT to implement Louisiana Pacific’s Information Security program. The primary goal of the program is to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information resources while aligning to business goals and objectives. This position will serve as the IT security subject matter expert for designated security tasks and projects within technology and operations teams at Louisiana Pacific.
We’d love to meet you if...
… you’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
… you enjoy working with others to deliver great work
… you’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement a methodology for assessing log sources and event codes for SIEM ingestion, ensuring alignment with the MITRE attack framework.
- Evaluate new technology logging and event capabilities, identifying and mapping risk alerting for new tools to frameworks like MITRE. Collaborate with the MSP vendor for successful implementation.
- Propose criticality alert ratings for all security alerts, providing a structured approach to prioritize responses based on severity.
- Assist in setting standards for server, workstation, and common tools configuration, with a specific emphasis on firewall configurations.
- Contribute to the rollout and implementation of IT Security processes, methods, and tools, focusing on assessing risk levels and enhancing technology tool logging.
- Provide suggestions for correlating logs from different sources and develop initial procedures for responding to security alerts.
- Collaborate with the MSP to evolve and improve alerting and event correlation. Stay informed about new environmental threats and support security engineers in mitigating emerging risks.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures, and standards. Contribute to the evaluation of new technologies, ensuring alignment with organizational security needs, and assist in designing procedures for security policy compliance as requested by functional teams.
What do I need to be successful?
- 3+ years of experience in IT Security, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, EDR solutions and other related technologies. Hands-on experience with SIEM tools, network security protocols and vulnerability management is crucial.
- Proven experience in incident response, with the ability to analyze and address security incidents promptly.
- Strong skills in risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Skills in developing, implementing, and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging threats and technology.
- Immersion in IT Security concepts and practices, specifically as it relates to Threat Monitoring, through 3-5 of years practical experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technology – especially Splunk, Crowdstrike, Palo Alto, Proofpoint, Azure and M365
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and best practice, specifically MITRE framework.
- Research and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and consensus building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Security certifications (Security+, CASP+, SANS) a plus but not required.
- This position will work at home and in our Nashville office on a hybrid schedule
- Must be within a commutable distance to Nashville or willing to relocate to the greater Nashville area
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Exploitation Analyst/Red Team - SeniorActive Directory AWS Azure Burp Suite Cloud Computer Science +20
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
St. Petersburg, Florida, United … St. Petersburg, Florida, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 95K+
Pole Star Defense
Senior IT Risk and Compliance Analyst (Audit, Governance Risk & Compliance)Audits C CIA CISA CISSP Clearance +12
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs