Sr Technical Marketing Engineer (Cloud Security)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
The Palo Alto Networks Software Firewall team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers journey to the Hybrid cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection.
In this role, you will develop and execute the Palo Alto Networks plan for Software Firewalls, including outbound technical communication, product best practices, competitive reviews, demo environments, and automation, while working closely with internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would be able to influence strategy, collaborate with marketing and sales teams to execute go-to-market strategies, act as a thought leader at the industry level, and evangelize the products and product strategy internally and externally.
- Develop, constantly refine, and execute the technical marketing plan
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering effective technical tools, whitepapers, demos, videos, and technical training for sales, customers, and partners
- Identify Sales challenges based on any competitive situations and provide solutions
- Lead the competitive research and testing to identify key competitive advantages of Software Firewalls and deliver them to sales, customers, and partners
- Be a critical technical evangelist for Palo Alto Networks, speaking at seminars, conferences, customer briefings, and with other groups within the company
- Work with engineering to identify product gaps based on competitive analysis and work with the PM to drive enhancements to bridge them
- Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Marketing Engineer/Technical Product Manager, Solution Architect in a product or industry focusing on cyber security
- Deep expertise in at least one major public cloud platform (AWS, Azure or GCP) and a solid understanding of Public Cloud security principles
- Experience with scripting languages such as CFT and Terraform is highly desired
- BS/MS degree or relevant experience or equivalent military experience required
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and accessible manner
- Fast learner with strong initiative and a sense of ownership
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects — centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world. We also strive to be the most people-centric company ever! That means we’re constantly working to make your experience amazing, and you are part of the team breaking boundaries of what the workplace can be!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $130,200/yr to $210,550/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 … MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 118K - 246K USD 118K+
Senior Manager - Cyber Engineering (Onsite)Clearance Cryptography DoD Linux Mathematics Privacy +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs