Data Security Engineer - Cryptography
VattenfallVattenfall is a leading European energy company and we are working for fossil freedom. Read more about us here.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers and retailers of electricity and heat. Our main markets are Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the UK. The Vattenfall Group has approximately 20,000 employees. We have been electrifying industries, powering homes and transforming life through innovation for more than 100 years. We now want to make fossil free living possible within one generation and we are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system.
Would you like to be a part of our team as we move towards a fossil free generation?
For the Vattenfall IT we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Data Security Engineer who will enjoy a fast-developing international working environment.
Because of fast growing security developments and threats, we want to enhance our security organization by increasing operational security in our delivery units. To realize this ambition, we set up a technically oriented Security Operations Team (SecOps) focusing on implementing security related improvements for the whole IT landscape.
The SecOps department is an international team of IT engineering colleagues representing different competence areas. We follow security trends, identify vulnerabilities and security findings and above all, focus on implementing improvements. One of the key competences within SecOps services is data encryption and key management. In order to provide high quality services within Vattenfall‘s IT landscape we continue development of this area. As a result we keep our team growing and we’re looking for a new colleague who will help us in this journey.
Your Job as Data Security Engineer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Data Security Engineer as an expert in the areas of encryption and key management. In this new position, you will work on improving our key management infrastructure consisting of HSMs and an enterprise key management system. Your tasks involve designing, implementing, and managing cryptographic key management services, applying encryption technologies, and working on key management processes. You will work with various teams to ensure that encryption standards and processes are maintained, and that cryptographic keys are securely managed and protected throughout their lifecycle.
Your key activities will be:
- Define and implement encryption and key management processes to ensure the security of data in transit and at rest
- Develop and maintain cryptographic key management policies and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate cryptographic systems into applications, platforms, and infrastructure
- Operate, manage and improve the existing cryptographic key management core infrastructure
- Define and maintain Hardware Security Module (HSM) security policies and procedures
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues related to cryptographic systems and key management processes
- Develop, test and maintain disaster recovery plans for cryptographic systems and key management processes
- Stay informed about recent developments on new cryptographic technologies and assess their applicability to the organization
- Provide technical guidance and training to other team members on cryptographic systems and key management processes
- Participate in audits and compliance assessments related to cryptographic systems and key management processes
You will also contribute in:
- Participation in SecOps daily activities, projects, initiatives
- Implementation of security improvements and mitigations
- Helping to define security baselines and initiate changes
- Support the line organization with execution and broaden IT Security knowledge
Our ideal candidate
Will you become our Cryptography expert and help us become fossil free in one generation?
And do you enjoy creating efficient and lean encryption and key management solutions? Then this is your job! Furthermore you bring:
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, operating, and managing on-premise and/or cloud-based IT systems (appliances, e.g. HSM, Azure key Vault, VPN, FW) and related IT services
- Familiarity with HSM (e.g. Hardware Security Modules, TPM, TEE, smartcards) technologies and their integration.
- Strong understanding of cryptographic concepts, standards and tools (encryption, digital signatures, authentication, X.509/PKI) and related protocols (e.g., SSL/TLS, KMIP, PKCS#11)
- Knowledge of security best practices and compliance standards (e.g., FIPS 140-2, GDPR, HIPAA).
- Excellent problem-solving and very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong and effective communication and collaboration skills
- Independent, structured and systematic way of working and enjoy working in a team in an interdisciplinary environment
- Very good written and spoken English, knowledge of German is also an advantage
- Willingness to undertake occasional business trips
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are a plus
Our contribution towards fossil free living within one generation
In Vattenfall IT, we:
- Accelerate digitalization and innovation
- Create customer value in a close business and IT partnership to reach the “Power Climate Smarter Living” vision
- Promote the mindset and behavior to establish a learning culture and positive digital mindset
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere, hybrid working and an excellent work-life balance. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Location: Stockholm (Solna)/Germany (Berlin or Hamburg)/The Netherlands (Amsterdam)/remotely in Poland. Some travel between locations is part of the job.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT for the entire Vattenfall Group. With 1.400 employees located in Germany, Poland, The Netherlands and Sweden, we contribute to our international business success. Every day, we deliver to make sure that Vattenfall runs ever more effectively and efficiently. We drive initiatives for Vattenfall through collaboration: within Strategic Development; with our colleagues in the business; and with outside partners. Trust from our stakeholders; holistic perspective; and strong competence are key assets and critical success factors.
For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Marta Jura - email@example.com
Please apply directly with your English CV through our website.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 138K - 210K * USD 138K+ *
Senior Security EngineerClearance Compliance Governance Intrusion detection Monitoring Security Clearance +1
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs