Vulnerability Intelligence Engineer
United States - Remote
ProficioProficio MDR expands the scope of a typical MSSP to provide organizations deeper cybersecurity threat detections to stay protected.
Proficio is an award-winning managed detection and response (MDR) services provider. We provide 24/7 security monitoring, investigation, alerting and response services to organizations in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail and other industries. Proficio has been highlighted in Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services for the last three consecutive years. We have a track record of innovation. Proficio invented the concept of SOC-as-a-Service. We were the first MSSP to provide automated response services and the first in our space to provide a risk scoring dashboard.
Our typical client is a medium to large-sized organization that lacks the in-house resources to address the challenges of a rapidly changing threat landscape. The difficulty of hiring and retaining cybersecurity professionals are widely understood but our prospective clients also struggle to effectively harness technology and build hardened processes.
While Proficio has developed a unified service delivery platform designed to meet the needs of the most demanding clients, what sets us apart is the quality and passion of our people. We believe the SOC of the Future will meld the creativity of human intelligence with the power of advanced technologies like AI.
Proficio is seeking a Vulnerability Intelligence Engineer to join our Risk-Based Vulnerability Management (RBVM) Services team. The Vulnerability Intelligence Engineer will be heavily focused on consultative security related services and performing vulnerability management functions for our RBVM service clients. The Engineer will be an active participant in our customer offering and will build vulnerability management solutions, perform vulnerability assessments, and provide vulnerability intelligence to prioritize vulnerabilities that focus client remediation efforts.
A successful candidate should have a fundamental understanding of vulnerability management processes and how threat intelligence and attack surface modeling can inform the likelihood of exploit of a vulnerability. The candidate will play a key role in engineering and applying new vulnerability intelligence metrics to the vulnerability assessment and prioritization processes in the Proficio RBVM lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will be someone with vulnerability management experience using the Qualys cloud platform tools; working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, containers, orchestration tools, and Splunk; and a good understanding of Windows, Linux, macOS, TCP/IP, Network Security and Python.
- Build vulnerability management solutions for our clients.
- Produce RBVM service deliverables for our clients. These deliverables include scans, analysis, prioritizations, remediation recommendations, and reports.
- Development, maintenance, and continual improvement of the vulnerability management platform, processes, and technical assessment support
- Contribute to vulnerability management strategy and automation
- Document vulnerability management policies, procedures, and processes.
- Collaborate with client engineering teams to understand their vulnerability management needs and collectively develop remediation and mitigation strategies
- Contribute to vulnerability intelligence criteria, methods, and processes
- Script in languages such as Python, Java, Shell Script to build workflows and automation of scan data
- Maintain knowledge and skillset relevant to trends in the industry
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Ensure security, availability, and confidentiality of all sensitive data collected, processed, or stored by this position
- 1-2 years of combined experience in vulnerability management or a multi-discipline security engineer role
- 1+ year experience with Qualys cloud modules (VM, WAS, CS, PCI, PC, etc.) and deploying Qualys agents, sensors, and virtual scanning appliances is REQUIRED
- 1+ year experience utilizing Python coding for vulnerability management automation/reporting is REQUIRED
- 1 year experience running vulnerability management assessments, prioritizing vulnerabilities, and creating remediation plans for an enterprise level company
- Knowledge of vulnerability management processes for infrastructure, cloud-native, and remote endpoints
- Knowledge of CVSS, CVE, NVD, ExploitDB and other vulnerability management resources
- Strong communication skills including ability to relate technical concepts as this is a customer facing consultative/technical role
- Continuous learner who has a passion for cybersecurity
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Experience working for an MSSP/MDR highly desired with experience working for an enterprise level firm required if no MSSP/MDR experience
- Experience in a customer facing role with strong communication skills including ability to relate technical concepts to support both phone and face to face interactions
- Experience across multiple vulnerability management tools such as Qualys, Tenable.io (Nessus), Rapid7, Kenna, RiskIQ, RiskSense, Balbix, etc.
- Experience working with SIEM technologies receiving and triaging alerts from various log sources preferred
- Strong base in Linux operating systems, scripting skills (preferably in Python), and experience with a variety of other security tools, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, containers, orchestration tools, and Splunk
LOCATION & TRAVEL
- Position is a remote US role or can sit in our San Diego SOC.
- Position is <10% travel to start, but may require more in the future
- Position will service customers throughout the US with potential work for customers around our other global SOCs located in Barcelona and Singapore
- Salary Range is $85,000 (for a mid level engineer, we can hire here) - $110,000 (for a senior level engineer - we prefer to hire here!) depending on experience level
- Opportunity to work in a progressive organization with structured training and roadmap for success
- ProLunch, Game Room, onsite Gym, and fun employee activities!
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available first of the month
- Other benefits: Health Advocacy Program, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discount Program
- Tax advantage products: Healthcare flexible spending accounts, dependent care flexible spending accounts, commuter transit ad parking accounts, health saving accounts, limited purpose flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary benefits: Life and AD& D insurance, disability, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, cancer and specified illness insurance, critical illness, Info/Armor, legal insurance, pet insurance, auto and home
- ProLunch, Game Room and fun employee activities!
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Proficio is an EOE Employer
Tags: Automation Azure Cloud CVSS Exploit GCP Java Linux MacOS Monitoring Nessus Network security Python Qualys Scripting SIEM SOC Splunk Strategy TCP/IP Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs