Professional Services Consultant
Remote - Texas, USA
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Deployment team at Zscaler helps customers properly deploy their Zscaler solution. A Professional Services Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor, traveling to customer sites to assist in proper design and deployment.
In this role, you will be a key field resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, partners and customers, to provide deployment advisory services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed.
- Provide deployment advisory services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
- Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
- Assist deployment customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self study, company training, and a desire to excel
- 50% travel per month
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- 12+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of networking or security in Enterprise environments.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
- Working knowledge of authentication systems such as LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Familiarity with IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
- Familiarity with Proxy and SSL
- Familiarity with IIS Web Server administration
- Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
- Experience with Symantec DLP preferred.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The base salary range listed for this full-time position excludes commission/ bonus/ equity (if applicable) + benefits.Base Pay Range$135,000—$160,000 USD
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
More jobs like this
Chicago, IL, United States Chicago, IL, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 151K - 208K USD 151K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Consultant, DFIR, Reactive Services (Unit 42) - RemoteC Computer Science DFIR EnCase Firewalls Forensics +6
Career development Conferences Medical leave Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs