Sr. Security Architect
Remote, United States
DatavantJoin Datavant’s network of networks, including 500+ real-world data partners, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, and 70% of the top 100 largest health systems.
Datavant protects, connects, and delivers the world’s health data to power better decisions and advance human health. We are a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. Datavant has a network of networks consisting of thousands of organizations, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, 70% of the 100 largest health systems, and an ecosystem of 500+ real-world data partners.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs.
- Have a deep understanding of Application and Cloud security. You’ll use this knowledge to provide architectural reviews and contributions to our development teams.
- Have a strong understanding of security controls, both those that exist in audit standards as well as practical controls that can help reduce risk and increase safety in application development environments and AWS.
- Work directly with security senior leadership to ensure maturity, depth, and coverage of security controls. You’ll be expected to interface with our Development Engineering leadership as well as Security Engineering leadership daily.
- Be fearless in security control descriptions and writing process-related elements down. The processes you build are not a castle of tone-deaf documentation but a method of enabling development teams to move faster with more clarity.
- Review application projects our development teams build. This may mean putting eyes on code as well as working with the teams to understand the broad architecture of things being built. You’ll be very comfortable providing control feedback in a review environment to development teams. This role is not merely a +1, you’ll be adept at using your knowledge to the application of practical risk management.
- Help define a program and execute threat modeling with our developers. You’ll be adept at making operational both threat modeling and architecture review.
- Own new projects for advancing security in our environment. Be a deep technical expert and collaborate with others on the teams to ensure project success. Your impact here cannot be understated, you are a core contributor and have deep influence to empower our collective greatness.
What you will bring to the table:
- You are humble.
- You can read and may have developed in Python in the past. You have command of the language.
- You understand how the broad parts of a security team function and operate in unison.
- You can articulate from start to finish what role security should play in ideation and build with development teams.
- You have opinions and options on most of the steps.
- You are a consummate collaborator, it’s inherent in your work behavior.
- You value time deeply and optimize for the greatest impact.
- 3+ years of working in architectural and threat modeling review areas.
- 3+ years of working with compliance standards.
- We lean deeply into individuals who have experience and practical knowledge of applying standards in low-friction ways.
- Broad-scoped projects don’t scare you, they energize you. However, you like to get things done fast (and help others) with limited dependencies.
Bonus points if:
- You have FedRAMP-specific architecture experience.
- You are often viewed as the “expert in the room” on building security controls. Development teams know they can depend on you to provide appropriate guidance and build predictable review programs.
- You have experience with security in healthcare or other highly regulated space. Examples: HIPAA/HITRUST, SOC 2, PCI experience from an operational response standpoint.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $177,400 - $230,000
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
More jobs like this
McLean, VA, US, 22102 McLean, VA, US, 22102 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 126K - 261K USD 126K+
Information Systems Security Officer - REMOTE - Goverment and Public SectorAgile Application security Azure CISM CISSP Clearance +16
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Startup environment +1
NC, VA, MD, DC, … NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 230K * USD 150K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Network Security Architect - Mid-Atlantic region (NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, or NJ)Cloud Compliance Computer Science Network security Risk analysis Risk assessment +3
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Irving - 6011 Connection Irving - 6011 Connection Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Senior Director, Analyst - Network Detection and Response and Infrastructure ProtectionAgile APIs CISO Cloud Firewalls Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Salary bonus +2
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs