Security Engineer - Security Operations
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
TravelPerkTravelPerk offers the freedom travelers want, and the control companies need. Enjoy an industry-leading travel inventory, 24/7 support and easy booking.
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Security Operations Engineer to join our dynamic cybersecurity team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in enhancing TravelPerk's security posture by designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced threat detection solutions. Collaborating with the Technology Operations team and various engineering squads, you will ensure robust security measures are applied, and capabilities are built to support comprehensive security logging and monitoring across TravelPerk. If you are passionate about staying ahead of emerging threats and possess strong technical expertise in security operations, this is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, and maintain advanced threat detection mechanisms to identify and mitigate cybersecurity threats.
- Develop and optimize detection rules, signatures, and indicators of compromise (IOCs) across various security platforms.
- Manage and optimize security tools and infrastructure related to threat detection and secure configuration.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to recommend and implement improvements in the security stack.
- Design, implement and maintain secured cloud security technologies to achieve security and compliance objectives (GuardDuty, Config, Security Hub, Inspector etc).
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering to embed and adjust patterns as required to help drive adoption.
- Automate security process flows to ensure security for our cloud-native distributed system architecture.
- Assist in developing viable governance and pragmatic guardrails to secure business processes.
- Collaborate with both non-engineering teams and IT to drive improvements by providing consultative expertise and offering advisory insights for business projects. Ensure alignment with security objectives to fortify the company’s overall security posture.
- Contribute to building and improving threat hunting capabilities and intelligence-led security operations.
- Collaborate and lead continuous improvement efforts across different areas (i.e. incident response, log analysis, tooling development, risk assessment etc.).
What you need:
- Proven experience in threat detection engineering within a security operations center (SOC) or similar environment.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM solutions, EDR, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and other security tools.
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) for automation and customization of security tools.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, cybersecurity frameworks, and attack vectors.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex security incidents and provide effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong documentation skills for creating and maintaining threat detection rules, procedures, and incident reports.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs