Security Analyst - Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom
Telefonica TechWith the technology decisions you make today - Build secure digital resilience. Layer by layer.
Telefónica Tech is a leading provider of innovative tech services for the B2B market with a worldwide presence and strategic hubs in Spain, Brazil, UK and Germany. The company helps leading brands and organisations across the UK and Ireland unlock the power of integrated technology for all businesses, bringing together in one place a unique combination of, the best people, with the best tech and the best platforms in a simplified manner, to make a real difference to every business, every day.
We have an end-to-end portfolio of market leading services and develops integrated technology solutions to accelerate tech adoption through its two core divisions of Tech Cyber security & Cloud and Tech Intelligence of Things. The company has a diverse, highly trained and globally located talent pool of over 2000 employees and serves more than 5.5m customers every day with a service reach in 175 countries. Its dynamic partner ecosystem includes over 300 cutting edge businesses, as well as strategic agreements with all market leaders.
This is an ideal role for those with an extensive knowledge within the security field and yield those skills to help or rapidly increasing security business. You’ll be working and protecting well-known customers in their respected field using state of the art tools, whilst having the ability to do research and put the knowledge into our services. To be a successful SOC analyst you will have to have a good understanding of Network Security and an ability to provide relevant and timely analysis. You will also need to be good at report writing and have strong communication skills as you will be dealing with customers.
You will also leverage emerging threat intelligence (IOCs, updated rules, etc.) to identify affected systems and the scope of the attack. Reviews and collects asset data (configs, running processes, etc.) on these systems for further investigation. Determines and directs remediation and recovery efforts.
- Manage security tools such as intrusion detection and prevention systems • Assist Team Leads with reporting, projects, administrative work as needed • Monthly SOC Reports
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support from Level 1, escalating to Level 3 when needed.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities • Developing security policies and strategy
- Design and create workflow/playbooks for incidents
- Analyse and report on anomalous behaviour • Investigate alerts using SIEM, data visualisation, pattern analysis and automation
Skills and Experience
- Solid cyber security skills including SIEM (Essential – Qradar), Vulnerability Scanning (Nessus & Greenbone), Penetration Testing Toolsets (Metasploit, Nikto, Burpsuite), IPS/IDS, SOAR (Siemplify) and other security solutions.
- Have the drive to dive deep into issues
- Ability to identify security threats, trends and anomalies • Open minded to new security technologies and solutions.
- Strong Infrastructure and Network experience, both for OnPremise and Cloud environments.
- Logical thinker and creative problem solver. • Have both a red team and blue team methodology
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Automation Blue team Burp Suite Cloud IDS Incident response Intrusion detection IPS Metasploit Nessus Network security Pentesting QRadar Red team SIEM SOAR SOC Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs