Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
DatacomWe work across Australia and New Zealand to make a difference in people’s lives by turning the imaginable into reality.
Datacom works with organisations and communities across Australia and New Zealand to make a difference in people’s lives and help organisations use the power of tech to innovate and grow.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity Engineer, will be a member of our Group Technology Cybersecurity team located in any Datacom office.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity sector and is looking to build a career in this space. You will have a solid understanding of networks, firewalls, proxies, SIEM, Endpoint controls, DLP concepts and technologies.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Cybersecurity related role and ideally have exposure to security technologies such as Crowdstrike, Azure, Sentinel, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet etc.
It is vital you have a solid understanding of ITIL and experience troubleshooting and resolving application and network problems. Exposure to Security Orchestration and Automation, Threat Intelligence or Threat Hunting are highly regarded.
This role can be based out of any Datacom office in Australia. Australian Citizenship is essential for Federal Government security clearance requirements.
What you’ll do
The core objectives and responsibilities of a Platforms and Operations Cybersecurity Engineer includes the responsibility for maintaining a system or specific components of a system.
- Configuring and updating hardware and software
- Establishing and managing user accounts
- Overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks
- Implementing operational and technical security controls
- Adhering to organisational security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze various open-source and proprietary threat intelligence feeds to identify emerging cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct extensive research and analysis of threat actors, their TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures), and motives.
- Lead and coordinate incident response efforts, working closely with cross-functional teams to contain and mitigate the impact of security breaches.
What you’ll bring
- Ability and willingness to self-managing and be proactive
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organizations
- A customer centric approach ensuring consistency in delivery of service
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies' concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools.
- Knowledge of system/server diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques.
- Knowledge of systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods.
- Knowledge of organizational information technology (IT) user security policies (e.g., account creation, password rules, access control).
- Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- Skills in Sentinel are highly desirable and preference for these
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
- Familiarity with common threat intelligence frameworks and standards (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK, STIX/TAXII).
- Familiarity and exposure to working on Intelligence platform will be highly regarded
Why join us here at Datacom?
Datacom is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest suppliers of Information Technology professional services. We have managed to maintain a dynamic, agile, small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations of our size. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and energy that you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
We care about our people and provide a range of perks such as social events, chill-out spaces, remote working, flexi-hours and professional development courses to name a few. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop your career, connect and bring your true self to work. You will be recognised and valued for your contributions and be able to do your work in a collegial, flat-structured environment.
We operate at the forefront of technology to help Australia and New Zealand’s largest enterprise organisations explore possibilities and solve their greatest challenges, so you will never run out of interesting new challenges and opportunities.
We want Datacom to be an inclusive and welcoming workplace for everyone and take pride in the steps we have taken and continue to take to make our environment fun and friendly, and our people feel supported.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs