Associate Security Solution Analyst
ProofpointProofpoint helps protect people, data and brands against cyber attacks. Offering compliance and cybersecurity solutions for email, web, cloud, and more.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is a leading cybersecurity company protecting organizations’ greatest assets and biggest risks: vulnerabilities in people. With an integrated suite of cloud-based solutions, Proofpoint helps companies around the world stop targeted threats, safeguard their data, and make their users more resilient against cyber attacks. Leading organizations of all sizes, including more than half of the Fortune 1000, rely on Proofpoint for people-centric security and compliance solutions mitigating their most critical risks across email, the cloud, social media, and the web.
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect their greatest assets and biggest security risk: their people. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity.
The Associate Security Solution Analyst will be responsible for reporting and advanced analytics for ALL Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behaviour Analytics (UEBA) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) alarms. They will perform historical correlation analysis on incidents and events generated inside of the environments. They will also be responsible for following case development and building of and maintenance of escalation work flows and provide tuning recommendations to the Client Service Manager Ensure all tasks performed adhere to the firm’s ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS). This includes participation in annual information and network security training and acceptance of spot checks on an ad hoc basis to guarantee that Proofpoint is constantly improving upon the organization’s ISMS. Each member of our team must understand the importance of the ISMS and the subsequent handling of client data.
This role will be 9AM - 5PM and the working days will be Sunday through to Thursday.
- The Associate Security Solution Analyst will be responsible for reporting for ALL Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behaviour Analytics (UEBA) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) alarms.
- They will also be responsible for following case development and building of and maintenance of escalation work flows when necessary
- Provide tuning recommendations to the Client Service Manager
- Presentation of reports and advanced analytics findings when required
- Attendance at all routine client meetings and prep-meetings for EMEA SIEM Clients
- Overall Responsibility for any non-engineering client requests (eg. ad-hoc investigations) for SIEM Clients
- Assist in identifying opportunities for new alarms based on emerging threats and bringing to the team
- Maintenance of SIEM documentation (i.e. alarm workflows, escalation procedures, team details, client knowledge base)
- Knowledge of SIEM technology and functions of some security tools (IDS/IPS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience working with interpreting, tuning, searching and manipulating data within SIEM, UBEA, CASB or other related security tools
- Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes
- Knowledge or experience utilizing the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model or other appropriate models
- Experience in gathering and managing threat intelligence
- Ability to present a recommended remediation strategy to client in professional format
Nice to have
- Windows administration experience
- Experience using open-source tools such as Remnux, Kali, VirusTotal, IPVoid, TCPdump Metasploit, Wireshark, etc
Protecting people is at the heart of our award-winning lineup of cybersecurity solutions, and the people who work here are the key to our success. We’re a customer-focused and a driven-to-win organization with leading-edge products. We are an inclusive, diverse, multinational company that believes in culture fit, but more importantly ‘culture-add’, and we strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply.
We believe in hiring the best and the brightest to help cultivate our culture of collaboration and appreciation. Apply today and explore your future at Proofpoint! #LifeAtPFPT #LI-MC4
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA, VA, Portsmouth (Norfolk … USA, VA, Portsmouth (Norfolk Naval Shipyard Bldg … Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 58K - 133K USD 58K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cybersecurity Analyst and Specialist, MidACAS CASP+ CISSP Clearance Compliance CompTIA +8
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs