Information Security Forensics Analyst
GA Atlanta 1050 Techwood Drive NW
Warner Bros. DiscoveryWarner Bros. Discovery offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities across a multitude of disciplines. Join us as we step into the next chapter.
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
As Warner Bros. Discovery’s portfolio continues to grow - worldwide and across platforms - the Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world-class standard for which Warner Bos. Discovery is known. T&O builds, implements, and maintains the business systems and technology critical for delivering Warner Bros. Discovery's products while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations, we drive Warner Bros. Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Warner Bros. Discovery’s Global Information & Content Security department seeks a Forensic Analyst to provide professional digital forensics support, technology, and analytical expertise for the Discovery electronic discovery and digital forensics team. The forensic analyst engages closely with the legal department in the secure preservation, creation, management, and delivery of Warner Bros. Discovery requests across the globe. The forensic analyst also works with the information security cyber security operations team, supporting digital forensics and incident response.
The forensic analyst specializes in preserving, collecting, and analyzing electronically stored information, and supporting legal requests for support to closure, focusing on projects from a global program perspective. The position will report to the Director of eDiscovery and Digital Forensics, supporting Warner Bros. Discovery legal, ethics, internal audit, employment, privacy, and information security teams. The role is broad ranging, requiring a brilliant individual with an eye for detail and the ability to engage dynamic teams on a global level.
You'll be able to work with the program management teams to address any issues needed. Review, prioritize & deliver operations improvement opportunities across the electronic discovery reference model spectrum. Maintain detailed and accurate evaluation notes for issue tracking and process improvements.
You will play a dynamic role in helping us meet our litigation support and incident response goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience. Work closely with the Global Information Security team to triage, address, and resolve security issues. Audit assumptions and drive change with data analysis and decision-making input.
Support and assist the Global Information & Content Security teams working with vendors, social video platforms, and other 3rd parties concerning the forensic analysis of Warner Bros. Discovery’s data. Perform analysis of vendor, platform, and 3rd party data, network analysis, and assist in priority-setting. You will provide technical expertise for tools made available to the team and shared with the internal team assisting with the on-site collection of electronic data. You will generally assist direct-to-consumer and content security efforts. Able to communicate at a technical level with technical professionals and can cut through the jargon to discuss complex concepts with non-technical professionals.
- Basic knowledge of Electronic Discovery and eDiscovery principles
- Assist with key components of the eDiscovery and Forensics Collection Workflow in partnership with IT and Legal departments.
- Ability to manage assigned digital forensic efforts in support of eDiscovery requests, staff investigations and enterprise computer security incident response including but not limited to internal and external intellectual property theft, attacks/intrusions, computer abuse and insider threat investigations.
- Possess skills to collect, process, preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices per company policies and practices.
- Maintain full Chain of Custody and evidence tracking.
- Ability to perform log, memory and RAW analysis.
- Ability to follow through on leads until all possible avenues in investigating a case have been exhausted.
- Liaise with the Legal department and produce high quality oral and written work product presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely; organizing all relevant case information in easy-to-understand format.
- Fundamental proficiency in electronic discovery with the Guidance EnCase platform, industry standard tools and practices applying technical and functional skills.
- Keep abreast of current best-practices, emerging technologies, and solutions in the context of eDiscovery and Legal Hold
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Subject Matter Expert on the Open Text EnCase platform.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in computer system and TCP/IP network forensics
- Experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Reading and interpreting PCAP and other network forensic data
- Experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways or Other Computer Forensic Tools
- Digital Forensic and Incident Response Certifications such as GCFE, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, CEH, CISSP, CND, eDiscovery certificate a plus
- Demonstrated skill in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data.
- Ability to act as full-time on-call for escalation of a cyber security incident and forensic response.
- Experience with all imaging types and methods
- Experience in forensic analysis of compromised systems
- Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding chain of custody practice
- Knowledge of proper forensic investigation techniques when working with compromised system images or files
- Detailed knowledge of litigation and related discovery processes
- Technical Report Writing Experience
- Work well as a member of a cross-functional team
- Supports the team by applying technical and functional skills.
- Must have strong initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Consistently improves team results by taking the initiative and assuming more responsibility.
- Experience with Relativity eDiscovery platform
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Bolingbrook, IL, US Bolingbrook, IL, US Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 157K * USD 120K+ *
Information Security Analyst - Bolingbrook - ILActive Directory Audits AWS Compliance CompTIA Monitoring +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
Houston, Texas, United States Houston, Texas, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 60K - 102K * USD 60K+ *
Senior Cyber Security AnalystAudits CISSP Compliance Computer Science Exploits Incident response +4
Competitive pay Flexible spending account Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs