Senior Principal System Security Engineer (Onsite)
FL410: Largo FL MFG 7887 Bryan Dairy Road , Largo, FL, 33777 USA
Country:United States of America
Location:FL410: Largo FL MFG 7887 Bryan Dairy Road , Largo, FL, 33777 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Collins Aerospace, an RTX Business, is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Security Engineer.
In the Strategic Solutions Protected Communication Systems (PCS) Systems Engineering department we design, integrate, and optimize protected communications systems to meet mission objectives and are a major contributor to the JADC2 initiative that interconnects the battlespace for faster, more intelligent decision making. We support new business initiatives and help develop & execute technology roadmaps.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• You will lead and develop protected communications cybersecurity solutions including the application of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for NC3 systems
• You will generate security subsystem specifications, security subsystem architecture, interface descriptions, Critical Program Information (CPI) assessments, and vulnerability assessments
• You will work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test, and modeling
• You will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity and be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging Anti-Tamper guidelines and concepts
• You will communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and brief senior company and customer leadership teams
• You will participate in system trade studies and research and development projects
• You will work with embedded software teams to apply and validate Software Assurance (SwA)
• You will support the integration and test teams with Cybersecurity integration and test documentation and test events
• You will work with the NSA on Type1 cryptography certifications
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience
• Experience including at least two of the following: embedded SW design or electrical engineering or systems engineering design experience
• Experience with applying RMF to embedded systems
• Experience with developing top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
• Extensive hands-on experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time cybersecurity-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
• Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; and technical safeguards
• Experience with design/development/implementation in Cybersecurity and Software Assurance (HW, SW, Systems)
• Experience leading engineering development teams and personnel
• Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
• Experience with direct interfaces with respect to customer representatives and external suppliers
• Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
• Experience in using tools and metrics in managing activities
• Experience managing (cost and schedule) systems engineering product teams within a program and earned-value management
• Familiarity with sizing engineering efforts and bidding program pursuits
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Active SECRET Security Clearance or higher REQUIRED
• Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Experience with Windows, Unix and/or Linux, or embedded operating systems
• Experience with communications systems
• Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
• Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, and other security-related engineering products / systems
• Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
• Experience with multi-level security solutions
• Ability to facilitate and coordinate activities across multiple facilities and locations
• Results-oriented work ethic and able to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
• Capture effort coordination and developing proposals to obtain funding, spanning technical proposal development, work breakdown structures and cost estimation
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse team
• Experience in Earned Value Management
• Experience with multi-level security solutions
• Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures
• Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral EligibleThe salary range for this role is 118,000 USD - 246,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs