Jr. Software Engineer (Security Team)
San Pedro Garza García, Mexico
Spectrum EffectSpectrum-NET helps mobile operators drive RF interference mitigation, improve network performance, and maximize spectrum value.
Are you passionate about Development? Do you want to work in an organization where you are empowered and can make a difference? Do you want to be part of an exciting scale-up with massive upside potential? Come and join us at Spectrum Effect!
Spectrum Effect's mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Our team is passionate about creating disruptive technologies, developing solutions with engineering excellence, and delivering substantial value to our customers. Protected by 30 patents and deployed by leading mobile operators across the globe, our Spectrum-NET software solution performs automated ML-driven analysis of radio access networks. Spectrum-NET is a cloud-native, horizontally scalable solution based on a Kubernetes-orchestrated microservices architecture.
Our 50+ team, located in San Pedro Garza García, México, enjoys ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries. This is an amazing opportunity to join an emerging leader in the ML-driven automation space and make a profound impact on the mobile industry.
As a Jr. Software Engineer (Security Team) at Spectrum Effect, you’ll be focusing on developing and enhancing security processes and tooling. With your proficiency in Python, Linux, and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes), you'll assist in integrating security measures into software development and support engineering teams with security best practices. You’re someone with solid communication skills, passionate for application security, and a desire to grow in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping the security landscape of our software products. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development of security processes and automated tooling to prevent various classes of security issues.
- Supporting software engineering teams in implementing security fixes, ensuring the correct utilization of security scanners, and developing strategies to proactively secure their architecture.
- Working closely with development teams to integrate robust security measures into the software development lifecycle.
- Participating actively in code reviews to maintain high security standards.
What you need to have:
- Proficiency in Python programming.
- Strong understanding of Linux environments.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Familiarity with AWS or other Cloud Management platforms.
- Knowledge of application security tooling (Nessus, Twistlock, Snyk).
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Bitbucket).
- Exposure to CI/CD practices.
- Relevant industry certifications.
Why Join Us:
- Dynamic Team: Collaborate with experts passionate about technology and innovation.
- Career Growth: Enjoy ample opportunities for professional development.
- Impactful Work: Play a crucial role in enhancing our security, monitoring and data operations.
- Attractive Benefits: Competitive salary, hybrid work.
Spectrum Effect, Inc is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
This is a hybrid position based in Monterrey, Mexico.
Thinking about advancing your career to the next level? Do you have what it takes to successfully lead a software organization?
Apply now! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs