Intern-College-Cyber Security Identify Management
San Antonio, TX, US, 78205
We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,500 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
The CPS Energy Internship Program is designed to meet the industry’s rapidly changing workforce needs by providing local San Antonio high school and college students with public utility career experience. Through the internship program students are paired with a mentor to acquire meaningful hands-on experience that expands their understanding of how the industry works and exposes them to essential skills they must acquire or develop to be successful. The internship is not only meant for the intern to learn how to do things, but to also understand the rationale behind the strategies that are being used.
Summer 2024 Intern Cohort
Deadline to apply: February 23, 2024
Current college transcript is required for the application
This Cyber Security Identity Management Intern is a component of the computer and information security profession that ensures legitimate parties have the right access to the right resources and right time while keeping illegitimate parties out of those systems. The position develops and maintains processes, procedures, and training, and performs cybersecurity-related administrative tasks necessary to manage user identities and their access to enterprise resources and data.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance for identify and access management activities.
- Assist with developing and implementing process and procedures to support risk governance and compliance efforts.
- Performs IT Security reviews.
- Manages access provisioning, administration, and enforcement to ensure proper user identification, authentication, access rights and monitoring.
- Reviews and interprets regulatory standards and requirements impacting CPS Energy and the security organization.
- Prepares internal and external audit evidence.
- SIEM tool dashboard/reporting creation and monitoring
- Maintains proficiency with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum SkillsPersonal Computer Usage
Minimum Knowledge and AbilitiesWorking knowledge of Microsoft Office.Must be currently enrolled in a related discipline.A minimum GPA of 2.5.Must currently reside within 120 miles of CPS Energy Headquarters.Demonstrated leadership potential.Self-motivated and results oriented.Exceptional communication skills.Effective networking skills.Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.Demonstrate an interest in a career applicable to the utility industry.Participate in full-time employment with CPS Energy.Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during employment.Pass a drug test and background screen prior to employment with CPS Energy.Submit application, resume, transcripts.
- Knowledge of the Energy Sector (Gas and Electric)
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management Practices
- Knowledge of Audit practices
- Ability to present information
CompetenciesCommunicates EffectivelyLearning QuicklyWorking SafelyServing CustomersDelivering High Quality WorkAdapting to Others
Minimum EducationMust be a college student; currently enrolled in a related discipline
Working EnvironmentIndoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, and presenting. Use of personal computing equipment, phone, multi-functioning printer & calculator. Ability to travel to & from meetings, training sessions or other busi-related events.
Physical DemandsIndoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Minneapolis, MN, United States Minneapolis, MN, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 95K - 135K * USD 95K+ *
EAC Product Development Solutions
Information Security AnalystAudits Compliance Industrial Monitoring Pentesting Travel +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs