Cybersecurity Analyst - Tier 3
Austin, Texas, United States - Remote
MaverisMaveris is an IT and cybersecurity company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cybersecurity Analyst – Tier 3 to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
As a Cybersecurity Analyst – Tier 3, you will play a critical role in safeguarding the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) digital assets and responding to potential cyber threats. Your primary focus will be supporting the Incident Response team in investigating and mitigating advanced and complex cyber incidents.
Remote work is permitted for highly qualified candidates; candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years SOC experience in a large organization as well as a professional level cybersecurity certification.
- Lead and actively participate in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of Tier 3 and escalated cybersecurity incidents. Analyze attack patterns, determine the root cause, and recommend appropriate remediation measures to prevent future occurrences
- Serve as a subject matter expert in handling incidents of varying complexity, providing guidance and support to Tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts during investigations
- Ensure accurate and detailed documentation of incident response activities, including analysis, actions taken, and lessons learned. Collaborate with knowledge management teams to maintain up-to-date incident response playbooks
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including forensics, threat intelligence, IT, and network administrators. Clearly communicate technical information and incident-related updates to management and stakeholders
- Develop and operationalize advanced security analytics use cases to detect and respond to sophisticated cyber threats in real-time
- Monitor the performance of security analytics and automation processes regularly, identifying areas for improvement and taking proactive measures to enhance their efficacy
- Leverage Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms to streamline and automate incident response processes, including enrichment, containment, and remediation actions
- Support the mentoring and training of more junior IR staff
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and best practices. Actively participate in cybersecurity exercises, drills, and simulations to improve incident response capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience supporting incident response in an enterprise-level Security Operations Center (SOC)
- A deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, incident response methodologies, and a proactive mindset to ensure our SOC operates effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- MUST possess an active professional level industry certification, such as CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, or equivalent
- Strong experience with security technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and network monitoring tools
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems like ServiceNow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Ability to learn and function in multiple capacities and learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused, solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cybersecurity challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 97K - 140K * USD 97K+ *
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst - Tier 3Analytics Automation CISSP Computer Science EDR Forensics +10
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Exploitation Analyst/Red Team - SeniorActive Directory AWS Azure Burp Suite Cloud Computer Science +20
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs