IT Security Intern
Nashville, TN, US, 37203
LP Building SolutionsDiscover the advanced building solutions and high-performance construction materials LP has been delivering to the industry for over 50 years.
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Solutions) is a leading provider of high-performance building solutions that meet the demands of builders, remodelers, and homeowners worldwide. We manufacture engineered wood building products that include an extensive offering of innovative and dependable building materials and accessories. LP’s values-driven culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in an ethical, inclusive, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Since our founding in 1972, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates more than 20 facilities across North and South America. For more information, visit LPCorp.com.
This position will support our IT Security team as a Summer Intern from May 2024 – August 2024, and will be based in Nashville. This is a paid, full-time Internship. As an IT Security Intern, you will work closely with other Security professionals to gain hands-on experience with safeguarding information systems within an enterprise organization. This internship will provide the opportunity to develop and apply skills in vulnerability assessments, security monitoring, incident response and other key areas of information security.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct assessments to identify vulnerabilities in systems and applications assisting IT teams with their remediation efforts.
- Participate in active situations to gain experience in a specialized domain within information security, such as identity and access management, responding to security incidents, engineering security systems and cyber risk management.
- Work with the team to monitor and analyze security events using various tools to ensure a proactive approach to cybersecurity.
- Contribute to the development and execution of security awareness programs for employees.
- Assist IT Security and cross-functional teams on key projects to improve the overall IT infrastructure.
- Learn, understand, and apply security policies, standards, and processes to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity trends, threats and technologies while contributing insights and recommendations for improving our security posture.
What do I need to be successful?
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management skills
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity concepts
- Familiarity with different types of security tools and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, preferably in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- This position will work at home and in our Nashville office on a hybrid schedule
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
More jobs like this
Minneapolis, MN, United States Minneapolis, MN, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 95K - 135K * USD 95K+ *
EAC Product Development Solutions
Information Security AnalystAudits Compliance Industrial Monitoring Pentesting Travel +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs