Junior Security Engineering Professional
Thornhill, ON, Canada
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Aecom Markham is hiring a Junior Security Risk Analyst.
- Help and support reviews, assessment, and development of physical and cyber security program tasks and deliverables, co-author threat and vulnerability risk assessment reports, assist in development of security risk profiles and proposing security enhancement features and guidelines, for public transit systems, and other infrastructure projects, in compliance with the corresponding industry standards.
- Interface with clients and different stakeholders to collect evidence, identify, track, and close security vulnerabilities, as well as provide support for system design requirement change management process.
- Support senior security officers (physical and/or cyber) in day-to-day management of security programs and presenting the security program findings and assessments to various stakeholders.
- Attend all required formal and on the job trainings related to the security program and successfully complete the AECOM Academy requirements.
- In addition to providing support to the security (physical and cyber) program, the candidate needs to provide support to system safety program and other related programs.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant technical field: engineering, information technology, etc. + 2 years experience in technical analysis and modelling
- Having a valid driver’s license, and ability to travel to project sites across Ontario.
- Having or being able to successfully obtain and maintain Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license in Ontario.
- Demonstrate ability in performing engineering analysis, mathematical and statistical hand-calculations, simulation, and numerical modelling, developing technical reports, presenting results, and participate in industry conferences, and networking with other professionals in the field of security, and cybersecurity.
- Being a critical thinker, analytical minded, and problem solver, with ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively communicate and interact with a variety of clients with different levels of technical backgrounds.
- Having or being able to successfully write the ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exams and work toward building experience so that the candidate can obtain and maintain the certificates.
- Familiar with the concept of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Actual work experience (co-op, internship, employment, thesis, or conference papers) demonstrating candidate’s involvement in security (physical or cyber) programs for designing public infrastructure projects.
- Ability to work with MATLAB or other statistical data analysis software applications
- Training certificates in security certificates and standard
- Familiarity with the concept of risk management in engineering (ISO 31000)
- Familiarity with international security standard (ISO 27001)
- Familiarity with international quality system standard (ISO 9001)
- Willing to participate and complete AECOM trainings and comply with procedures and guidelines.
• Sponsorship for Canadian employment authorization is not available for this position.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $14.4 billion in fiscal year 2023. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs